• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

lala2

Banned
HSC
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

It's Obama's to lose, rather than McCain's to win. And wth at the current news poll results? Why are they neck-to-neck?! I dunno why anyone would support the Iraq War, which clearly McCain is going to do. I think there's no hope for the average American's level of intelligence and ignorance....I heard somewhere that 20% of Americans don't even know where their country is on a world map, which I surely hope is not true but if it is....the world is doomed :( Since when did quantity over quality prevail? Someone else should be the superpower for once.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

lala2 said:
It's Obama's to lose, rather than McCain's to win. And wth at the current news poll results? Why are they neck-to-neck?! I dunno why anyone would support the Iraq War, which clearly McCain is going to do. I think there's no hope for the average American's level of intelligence and ignorance....I heard somewhere that 20% of Americans don't even know where their country is on a world map, which I surely hope is not true but if it is....the world is doomed :( Since when did quantity over quality prevail? Someone else should be the superpower for once.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE&NR=1

lala2

Banned
HSC

lol katie_tully, that's so funny and yet sad at the same time. At least some were more intelligent guesses, like what is Al Qaeda? (suicide group in the Middle East), and the black guy knew what KFC stood for. One kidney in the body is pretty sensible guess....I would've fainted if he said ten like the way the guy said Paris has ten Eiffel towers.

Shoubadoo

HSC

Ah me, the Paris Hilton vid isn't that bad.
Too bad she didn't write it herself.

Muz4PM

HSC
In other news, whatever hopes John Edwards just had of being picked for Obama's VP nomination have just gone out the door. Apparently he had an affair with a woman in 2006 and even had a baby to her, whilst his wife was suffering from a severe bout of cancer.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/740204.html

In relation to the Paris Hilton video, it really was a nothing video in my opinion, just a small rebuke of the McCain campaign taging her as some sort of light-weight celebrity.

Shoubadoo

HSC
Muz4PM said:
In other news, whatever hopes John Edwards just had of being picked for Obama's VP nomination have just gone out the door. Apparently he had an affair with a woman in 2006 and even had a baby to her, whilst his wife was suffering from a severe bout of cancer.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/politics/story/740204.html

In relation to the Paris Hilton video, it really was a nothing video in my opinion, just a small rebuke of the McCain campaign taging her as some sort of light-weight celebrity.
Wowzer. John Edwards is screwed.
I thought the Paris vid was a small funny, if however small rebuke :]

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Obama is against the Iraq war, but for the Afghanistan war. McCain is for both. AFAIK.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
McCain is the President America should have had - indeed NEEDED - 8 years ago. But he lost the nomination to Bush and the rest (including McCain himself) is history.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Iron said:
McCain is the President America should have had - indeed NEEDED - 8 years ago. But he lost the nomination to Bush and the rest (including McCain himself) is history.
Yep. :(

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
:(

Never was a huge Gore fan. His heart wasnt in it.
Cheesecake, anyone?

Admiral Nelson

Generalfeldmarschall
HSC

I quite hope that Obama wins. For the reason that I honestly don't think another right-wing conservative Warhawk is what America needs at the moment.

Plus, there's a chance some racist Southern agitators will kill Obama a few years into his presidency, leaving him a martyr much like JFK, and the presidency open. So if he does poorly.... think of it as an insurance policy.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yeah, the gruesome murder of Bill Clinton would also have been a prudent career move, both for himself and Hillary

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Q&A was great tonight. Bob Carr said that Obama's probably lost it already: all major polls have him only within margin of error. Said that Hillary was right that he cant carry low income whites. Also, he's not even carrying the liberal north east very convincingly.
All the time, McCain has practically been asleep.

Troubling times.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Iron said:
Q&A was great tonight. Bob Carr said that Obama's probably lost it already: all major polls have him only within margin of error. Said that Hillary was right that he cant carry low income whites. Also, he's not even carrying the liberal north east very convincingly.
All the time, McCain has practically been asleep.

Troubling times.
I don't want a president who is going to fall asleep on the nuclear launch button.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)