• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
The poor thing, I feel sorry for her now.
lolllllllllllll

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Palin is so fuckin retarded it's not even funny. Get Iron to debate in her place. kth0x

HalcyonSky

HSC
on an american forum i post at, everyone is saying mccain got slammed

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
FOX News analyst Bernard Goldberg said some of the criticism Palin is fielding is unfair, since Biden’s gaffes regularly receive a pass.

“The preconceived notion about Joe Biden is that he’s an expert on foreign policy no matter how many mistakes he’s made,” he said.

But Goldberg said Palin’s latest interview did not “instill confidence” and Parker “may be right” in saying she’s out of her league.

The criticism stems from a few answers Palin gave during the wide-ranging CBS interview. She seemed to struggle when asked to explain her claim that Alaska’s proximity to Russia bolsters her foreign policy credentials.

“Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side the land boundary that we have with Canada,” she said, before turning the question back on the media.

“It’s funny that a comment like that was kind of made to — I don’t know, you know, reporters,” she said.

She then said her foreign policy credentials are enhanced because “our next-door neighbors are foreign countries, there in the state that I am the executive of,” and that “we have trade missions.”

“As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where do they go? It’s Alaska,” she said.
This just in: Palin has great economic policy credentials because she lives next to a bank.

Garygaz

HSC
Trefoil said:
This just in: Palin has great economic policy credentials because she lives next to a bank.
I lol'd, well done

ZabZu

HSC
bigboyjames said:
But I can bet my bottom dollar that 99% of US citizens don't have any idea about the consequences of who becomes the next US president. I bet most of them didn't even notice something was amiss. They are too busy following up on the latest celebrity's latest stint at rehab.
There are heaps of Americans that are strongly behind either candidate.

Oi Jamesy you havent answered my questions in the Hezbollah thread.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Ok, basically Barack "The Brutal Ogre" Obama and John "old hag" McCain represent an illusion of two parties of the same wing (as anyone would know from ignoring the popular political discourse for a second and reading actual political science literature - the US is a one-party state - the business party).

Now, if anyone watched this debate would pick up instantly that both candidates have the same agenda and stand on the same end of the political spectrum. what is this "CHANGE" that they keeps talking about? They both agreed to do anything "for the betterment of protecting Israel", and Obama was quoted as saying "Take Out" Pakistan. McCain just wants to keep the troops in Iraq, whereas Obama wants to move those troops from Iraq into Afghanistan. It's not like Obama is talking about ending the war in Afghanistan.

There is no such thing as lesser evil, they both are equal. This 2 party democratic system which offers the american masses a choice of which government they want is the biggest hoax of politics in the modern era.

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
bigboyjames said:
Ok, basically Barack "The Brutal Ogre" Obama and John "old hag" McCain represent two parties of the same wing (as anyone would know from ignoring the popular political discourse for a second and reading actual political science literature - the US is a one-party state - the business party).

Now, if anyone watched this debate would pick up instantly that both candidates have the same agenda and stand on the same end of the political spectrum. what is this "CHANGE" that they keeps talking about? They both agreed to do anything "for the betterment of protecting Israel", and Obama was quoted as saying "Take Out" Pakistan. McCain just wants to keep the troops in Iraq, whereas Obama wants to move those troops from Iraq into Afghanistan. It's not like Obama is talking about ending the war in Afghanistan.

There is no such thing as lesser evil, they both are equal. This 2 party democratic system which offers the american masses a choice of which government they want is the biggest hoax of politics in the modern era.
You, sir, are a tool.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
bigboyjames said:
Ok, basically Barack "The Brutal Ogre" Obama and John "old hag" McCain represent an illusion of two parties of the same wing (as anyone would know from ignoring the popular political discourse for a second and reading actual political science literature - the US is a one-party state - the business party).

you're a blithering idiot.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
No one has ever talked about leaving Afghanistan. Obama has been staunchly for the war in Afghanistan since the beginning ("I don't oppose all wars... I oppose dumb wars.", referencing going to Iraq). America has crossed the rubicon in the War on Terror, and leaving Afghanistan would be disasterous, especially after reports of escalating violence. Americans wanna take out fundamental islamics, thats fine by me. No fundamental islamic is a friend of mine.

Obama did not say he wanted to "Take Out" Pakistan, he wanted to take out 911 perps and jihadists currently hiding in the region between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

There is no viable candidate who doesn't support the state of Israel

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
A High Way Man said:
No one has ever talked about leaving Afghanistan. Obama has been staunchly for the war in Afghanistan since the beginning ("I don't oppose all wars... I oppose dumb wars."). America has crossed the rubicon in the War on Terror, and leaving Afghanistan would be disasterous, especially after reports of escalating violence. Dem Americans wanna take out fundamental islamics, thats fine by me. No fundamental islamic is a friend of mine.

Obama did not say he wanted to "Take Out" Pakistan, he wanted to take out 911 perps and jihadists currently hiding in the region between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

There is no viable candidate who doesn't support the state of Israel
oh my, sir you are a delusional idiot.

listen, im not going to say this twice.

No-one can guarantee anything but we do know one thing for certain: moving US forces OUT of the region and ending "the war against terror" would reduce terrorism.

Even according to western intelligence agencies including the CIA themselves (who warned the US govt), US policy post 9-11 is increasing terrorism worldwide. Security experts such as Peter Bergen and Paul Cruickshank (of the New America Foundation in Washington) have it at a sevenfold increase. Please do not even try to argue this point. You are not smarter than policy analysts and the CIA agency, don’t waste your time trying to prove them wrong.

Not that we needed intelligence agencies to tell us that anyway, everyone half awake knew that the US policy of bombs and bullets was going to breed terrorism (notwithstanding the fact that it is terrorism in itself by the official definition ie using violence to achieve political goals disregarding civilians).

We know (from every source you can think of) that the US government (being profit-driven and hence not altruistic) is increasing terrorism worldwide. Its foreign policies have a ugly track record for violent intervention, aggravating tensions, funding terrorist organizations (extensively, eg Latin America) and they have quite an impressive corpse-count for which they are directly responsible.

Yes the US had 9/11. By their vicious judgment, the US have consequently given Afghanistan countless 9/11s and are on track for giving Iraq five hundred 9/11s and much, much worse…..a country which had directly NO LINK AT ALL TO 9/11.

I'm quite certain that it qualifies as lunacy not to think it's a good idea to end not only Australia’s involvement with US foreign policy, it would be Americas best interest to GTFO out of the shit whole region if their priorities were really to reduce terrorism…..which it is clearly not.....and for you to deny native militia groups in Iraq the ability to bear arms and defend themselves AGAINST OCCUPIERS is absolutely bullshit.

Last edited:

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
bigboyjames said:
No-one can guarantee anything but we do know one thing for certain: moving US forces OUT of the region and ending "the war against terror" would reduce terrorism..
I disagree. I think it would reduce violence from dudes angered in the short-term by the American occupations, but would bolster those who want that decades-long holy war designed to bankrupt America.

bigboyjames said:
Even according to western intelligence agencies including the CIA themselves (who warned the US govt), US policy post 9-11 is increasing terrorism worldwide. Security experts such as Peter Bergen and Paul Cruickshank (of the New America Foundation in Washington) have it at a sevenfold increase. Please do not even try to argue this point. You are not smarter than policy analysts and the CIA agency, don’t waste your time trying to prove them wrong.
... I don't object to the claim that US foreign policy has been mismanaged, and for a long time, too.

I want the war in Iraq to end asap, and I want a quick and dirty end to 'enemy' combatants in Afghanistan, because the United States won't piss off till theyre dead. Hopefully the new Iraq and Afghanistan will have the THE BALLS to deal with inevitable Islamic movements espousing violence on their own

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Hilary Clinton campaigns strongly for Obama in the battle-ground state of Michigan:

Clinton acknowledged the warm autumn day, in contrast to Washington, D.C., where she voted Saturday morning on a stopgap measure as negotiations for a U.S. bailout of Wall Street continued.

Things, she said, are "kind of grumpy" in the nation's capital, and she launched into a 20-minute lashing of the Bush administration, GOP presidential candidate John McCain, the loss of U.S. jobs overseas, greedy Wall Street executives and the need for universal health care.

Clinton noted the presidential debate Friday night, and said, "I'm campaigning as hard as I can to make sure" Obama "is the next president, and I'm sure last night a lot of Americans saw why."

In one of several pointed jabs at McCain, Clinton said his proposal for a market-based national health care system "would work as well as what we've seen on Wall Street. A lot of people would get rich, while a lot of others would be left holding the bag."

The difference, she said, is that lack of health care would jeopardize people's health or their lives if the system failed.

Clinton said although she considers McCain, a fellow U.S. senator, a good friend, "I do not believe the Republicans should be rewarded for what they have done to the country."
http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080928/NEWS15/809280377

Bill Clinton says he he supports Obama:

Long dogged by questions about his commitment to Obama, who defeated his wife, New York Sen. Hillary Clinton, for the Democratic presidential nomination, Clinton said he admires McCain yet believes Obama would be the better president.

"Hillary is the one who told me go help him (Obama). She said this guy's got real skills. She said he's got almost unlimited potential," Clinton told NBC's "Meet the Press" in a prerecorded interview aired on Sunday.

"I'm going to do my very best to do ever single thing he asks me to do," said Clinton, who met with Obama at Clinton's New York office this month.

"I am developing a really good relationship with Senator Obama," the former two-term Democratic president said.
http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE48R2NO20080928

Last edited:

Numbers

Banned
HSC
A High Way Man said:
I disagree. I think it would reduce violence from dudes angered in the short-term by the American occupations, but would bolster those who want that decades-long holy war designed to bankrupt America.

... I don't object to the claim that US foreign policy has been mismanaged, and for a long time, too.

I want the war in Iraq to end asap, and I want a quick and dirty end to 'enemy' combatants in Afghanistan, because the United States won't piss off till theyre dead. Hopefully the new Iraq and Afghanistan will have the THE BALLS to deal with inevitable Islamic movements espousing violence on their own
Big Boy James provided some great points and all you've done is dodge them. ANSWER THE POINTS!

To be honest, I agree with James.

Numbers

Banned
HSC
This election, in my opinion, will have the greatest turnout of people voting in the history of US elections.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)