• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
Obama is using his grandmother's illness as publicity stunt . pathetic.
Trust a sick mind like you to see it that way.

If he keeps campaigning, he's cold and callous. If he stops and visits her, he's attention seeking.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Of course, if McCain's old bat of a molm looked near the end, he'd skip the last visit and put country first. None of this touchy-feely personal crap.
I think Obama also wanted to emphasise his whiteness. She's probably fine. Went surfing together

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
OH FFS. Disaster. That was significant, I think, in dispelling the notion that only McCain's supporters are nuts.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Hahahahahahahaha The B Was Backwards.
The Stupid Twit Didn't Realise That Everything In The Mirror Is Reversed.
Hahahaha

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Yeah, I didnt realise that it was just her word. It was at an atm or something, so I assumed there were witnesses/footage. But wow, McCain is in such a tailspin. It's so weird seeing a campaign so clearly go down in flames
I blame the ghost of Goldwater

H

hilaryv

i think it will be interesting to see how it ends up. i'm with obama at the moment, mainly because I'm scared of Palin. McCain's just going to kark it and then there'll be that woman at the helm!!!! and the worse thing is people are going around calling her stupid, but she's not stupid, she's actually quite intelligent, which only makes it worse. an intelligent, pro-gun, super-conservative, russian-aeroplanes-fly-over-my-airspace-so-i've-got-experience-in-foreign-affairs vice-president of america, frightens me. a lot.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What on earth makes you think she's intelligent?
I subscribe to the Cleese 'parrot' theory, in that she can look beautiful and say impressive things in the right way, but there's not much going on backstage

HalcyonSky

HSC
moll. said:
Hahahahahahahaha The B Was Backwards.
The Stupid Twit Didn't Realise That Everything In The Mirror Is Reversed.
Hahahaha
hahah oh shi-

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I think the more disturbing thing is her blatant race baiting. Describing her made up attacker as a viscious black Obama supporter. Oh man.

Then again, she carved a backwards B into her own face, so I guess anything goes at that point.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Try intrade.com: http://www.intrade.com/

My bet: Georgia. It was 22% for Obama yesterday and now it's like 33%. It will go for Obama on election day (first democrat in like 40 years).

It's currently polling at about 0% to 5% for McCain, but the thing is polling isn't accurate in this election (at least not as much as you'd expect).

If polls have Obama down about 3% then he'll more than likely win Georgia because they undersample young people (mobile phones) and underestimate Democrat enthusiasm. Right now, 35% of the early voters are black. Blacks vote for Democrats (and especially Obama) at rates of about 90%.

Hey, it might not happen - but this is gambling.

Other good places to slap down money are Indiana, Missouri and North Carolina.

North Dakota and Montana might be tempting, but I dunno. Those are true toss-up states right now - they could go either way (I highly suspect Obama will win them, but I wouldn't bet on it, as it were).

It's not really worth betting on the actual presidential race, but if you do put down $100, you WILL make about $12 (I think that's it) because 12% of traders think McCain will win (probably hard-core Republican fools).

Last edited:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I doubt it to be honest.

If there was going to be an October surprise it would have well and truly come out by now. :p

Unless there's going to be a big conspiracy to rig the election, in which case I imagine the disparity between exit polls and the electoral vote will cause widespread riots and civil unrest.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Power of prayer my fren
And maverick comebacks from torture
And possiblly bad turnout impacts due to Obama's stellar polling
And things of this nature

And whatever pussy. I'd roll in the tanks if the inarticulate minority were rioting because they lost

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)