2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
What the fuck do you think a fucking lobbyist is, you bintish tard Slidey.
They're essential to the whole fucking process. America would - not - work without them. It's the only efficient way that politicians can actually assess what its citizens want. You come in here, fucking jump on anyone that says anything anti-Obama, and you just vomit this populist shit all over the thread -uuhr the lobbyist! they dont undestand reeeal America, they dont know wat it's like to worry about bills an teh price of gas - it's time for vhchange!~~
Sorry if fucking wiki didnt cover that. Get fucked

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
They're essential to the whole fucking process. America would - not - work without them. It's the only efficient way that politicians can actually assess what its citizens want. You come in here, fucking jump on anyone that says anything anti-Obama, and you just vomit this populist shit all over the thread -uuhr the lobbyist! they dont undestand reeeal America, they dont know wat it's like to worry about bills an teh price of gas - it's time for vhchange!~~
Sorry if fucking wiki didnt cover that. Get fucked
You moron. When somebody says "This is a tax cut for the middle class!" and it's actually a tax cut for the top 10% of income earners, doesn't that tell you they're a fucking corporate bitch?

You can rant about the beauty of lobbying all you want, but most people won't deny it is totally abused in America and essentially boils down to bribery. Even McCain himself rants about the evils of lobbying, ironically.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Theyre a scapegoat for policy failure. 'Lobbyist' is just a populist buzzword used in this campaign to convince people that change is needed. Dumb shits like you buy it. Cut out the middle men between government and citizens, n then we can have true democracy with our ~300,000,000 people, and that will solve everything!
If youre talking about political donations for political influence, that's corruption
Stop dragging me back into this topic with your slimey oriental tentacles

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Theyre a scapegoat for policy failure. 'Lobbyist' is just a populist buzzword used in this campaign to convince people that change is needed. Dumb shits like you buy it. Cut out the middle men between government and citizens, n then we can have true democracy with our ~300,000,000 people, and that will solve everything!
If youre talking about political donations for political influence, that's corruption
Stop dragging me back into this topic with your slimey oriental tentacles
Yeah, a scapegoat. Sure. Tell me, Iron, how exactly do corporate lobbyists, such as many of McCain's top campaign advisers, "determine what the people want"? It occurs to me that they determine what the corporations want.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Yeah, a scapegoat. Sure. Tell me, Iron, how exactly do corporate lobbyists, such as many of McCain's top campaign advisers, "determine what the people want"? It occurs to me that they determine what the corporations want.
You - fuck
You wouldnt be much of a lobbyist if you didnt lobby for your client, right? K? u-huh? Of course they wouldnt care about people outside their group. That's like saying that a barrister is bad because he doesnt argue for the other side. The fact that someone WAS a 'corporate lobbyist' ans is now advising a campaign is - not - controversial. It's just a testament to their skills. A lobbyist isnt all that different to a politician. You push the agenda of a group of people in the interests of that group. The skills transfer. They're private sector versions of politicians
Now dont make me harpoon your internet-monster ass

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Trefoil said:
Aren't corporate lobbyists offset by trade unions?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Let me make it more plain for you:

Iron said:
They're essential to the whole fucking process. America would - not - work without them. It's the only efficient way that politicians can actually assess what its citizens want.
Trefoil said:
Tell me, Iron, how exactly do corporate lobbyists, such as many of McCain's top campaign advisers, "determine what the people want"? It occurs to me that they determine what the corporations want.
So, care to actually address the crux of the matter instead of use a straw man, Iron?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
Aren't corporate lobbyists offset by trade unions?
No. As an example, how do unions offset RIAA's lobbying for less fair copyright laws?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
You utter nong. Lobbyists represent groups of organised citizens. K? Has that penetrated the pillows of fat engulfing your pea-brain?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
You utter nong. Lobbyists represent groups of organised citizens. K? Has that penetrated the pillows of fat engulfing your pea-brain?
So now you're telling me that corporate lobbyists, in fact, represent citizens instead of corporations?

Ahh, my bad! Sorry. I got confused because I thought they worked for corporations, you see.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
So corporations should have no voice in government, even though they employ everyone that the government doesnt, and provide all the goods and services that the government doesnt.
Nice one.
Talking to you is like jumping into a pit of quicksand.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
So corporations should have no voice in government, even though they employ everyone that the government doesnt, and provide all the goods and services that the government doesnt.
Nice one.
Talking to you is like jumping into a pit of quicksand.
Some day I'd like to visit your dream world where corporations care about the average citizen rather than their bottom line, Iron.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Oh wait, let me guess: "YOU KNOW NOTHING YOU SCUM WIKIPEDIA IS LIES STOP HIDING BEHIND THE TRUTH CORPORTATIONS LOVE YOU"

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
See, there's this whole thing called capitalism
wiki it

why not try the free market too?

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
See, there's this whole thing called capitalism
wiki it

why not try the free market too?
Since when did you become a free market fundamentalist?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
O
M
G

I'm not. If I engage you anymore on this topic, my arteries are likely to explode through my flesh and piss all over these fine Asian students
Why do I get the feeling that you're just after someone to talk to? What are you, 85?
I'm happy to talk, but not waste precious seconds on a roundabout

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
As long as it remains a buffer to political absolutism, and is kept sufficiently regulated by government, I think he does.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
As long as it remains a buffer to political absolutism, and is kept sufficiently regulated by government, I think he does.
How is it sufficiently regulated by the government when corporate lobbyists are inextricable intertwined into the process, e.g. Frannie Mae and Freddie Mac?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)