2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
i'd like to tell you that the pain ends, but it doesnt man. It just wont heal

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
What's the split in the Liberal party do you reckon? 50/50 for Obama?

Various polls put him at about 70% popularity in Australia so if we assume the majority of Greens, ALP and Dems support him, that still only accounts for about 50% of people. About 10% are other/independent, so let's say a 50/50 split there for 55%. That leaves the last 40% of Libs/Nationals left to make up 15%. Throw all the Nationals for McCain and you're left with 35% of people who are Libs.

So yeah, it would appear as though something like 40% of Liberals support Obama.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
It's not a fair question to put to Australians. The overwhelming majority would only grasp that his image has been very well marketed, especially compared to a well-wrinkled war dog

HSC
Most of the Young Libs are unashamedly pro McBain.

It makes me sick because Cat got picked on for being pro the AA President and now Mr Mount will be in the same boat :(

EDIT: there are people in the YL's who have foxnews.com as their web home page just putting it out there

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
jb_nc said:
Basically, Obama can sustain Americain superiority, McCain will further deteriorate it through his archaic policies and ideas - which is deadly, especially in the evolving world.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tss5OK1NAS0&feature=related

I recommend everyone watch this video. It's a reflection of the opinion of the wider international community, and the urgent need for change in the White House.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Party at war as Palin 'goes rogue'

Looks like the legends were probably true. Palin putting herself first, distancing herself from McCain, going off message etc in an attempt to salvage her reputation after the loss and for a possible 2012 run.
McCain furious. This is what you get for choosing an unknown, ambitious idiot. Coulda-shoulda-woulda Johnny boy!

Also, I think Newshour were reporting that when they do a joint rally, scores of people were leaving after Palin's speech and before McCain's. Who would have thought that the Christian Right could prove to be so cancerous to a serious party. Rove only started courting them after 2000

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Nadar's doing quite well. I believe that McCain is preferencing him in the swing states, so, saving a miraculous comeback from Obama, it looks like President Nadar

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
lol

President - WINNER
OBAMA, Barack 1.07
MCCAIN, John 8.00

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Obama Assassination Threat!

It's breaking news apparently so I'll post links when I get them.

Suprised this hasn't happened before.

Sketchy details;
- Assassinate Obama
- Kill 102 black people

Awaiting links.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Re: Obama Assassination Threat!

I seriously can't find any links, but I was watching the news this morning and it was like 'BREAKING NEWS: ETC'

And .. I didn't imagine it.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC

KFunk said:
Very interesting article.

TBH I'm suprised more hasn't been said about the possibility of attempts on Obama's life.

Regardless of what anybody says, to me America is still very in touch with its anti African American roots. It appears the more progressive Americans are the most vocal, making it look as though America has ditched the vehement racism.

I honestly believe that America would tolerate a Bible bashing, gun toting woman as VP before they voted in a black President. I really don't believe America is there just yet.

EDIT: To clarify, like the article said, I highly doubt it's going to be some uneducated redneck taking pot shots. I don't think it's going to be a Lee Harvey Oswald, it's like to be highly orchestrated and well thought out. Makes me lol a bit, because even if they successfully get rid of Obama, the Democrats will still be in power.

Last edited:
HSC

Jim Cavanaugh, special agent in charge of ATF's Nashville field office, said the two men planned to kill 88 people, including 14 African-Americans by beheading. The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

The men also sought to go on a national killing spree after the Tennessee murders, with Obama as its final target, Cavanaugh told The Associated Press.

"They said that would be their last, final act — that they would attempt to kill Sen. Obama," Cavanaugh said. "They didn't believe they would be able to do it, but that they would get killed trying."
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5jsCEnrVzDQoU5tg63njLNy0UTDNAD9433P3O1

@ http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&resnum=0&q=obama assassination threat&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn

HSC

i didnt know there was something wrong with mass killings of niggers, let alone a law against it!!?

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC

hmm

getting assassinated would totally help his career

look what death did for kurt cobain

HSC

The numbers 88 and 14 are symbolic in the white supremacist community.

gk0608

HSC
I don't know if anyone watches the Fox News election coverage here, but I would just like to say: that network is the most unprofessional piece of crap media organisation I have ever seen
they claim to be 'fair and balanced' in their election coverage, but if they leaned any more to the right they might topple over. I don't mind if they make the claim, but at least stick to it, especially if you're publicising it to half the world. And on top of that they SLAM, absolutely SLAM the 'media' for being biased, for 'failing the American people' and for 'not doing their job in reporting the facts'. mmhmm and I suppose Fox isn't classified as part of the 'media'. Honestly such arrogant half-wits.
I want Obama to win, and that's probably 10% of the reason I’m annoyed at them. But honestly 90% is because of their attitude.
Has anyone watched the O'Rielly factor? That guy has a segment called 'talking points' and it’s apparently news that has been simplified for people to understand. If anyone ever has the chance Google talking points, it’s like he's talking to five year olds! It’s basically telling people what to think, under the pretence of 'we're just trying to help you understand'. Along with other fox anchors he accuses the rest of the 'media' of political indoctrination? Oh please, who are they kidding?!
I just hope the whole ‘the media are evil’ act backfires, because sooner or later people are going to start realising, Fox is part of that ‘media’, and the hate and suspicion that they have spawned will be directed at them.
I would watch CNN for my election coverage, but its only on at certain times -_- and FOX is constant. It just annoys me that they spout ridiculous nonsense about the ‘death of American journalism’ and ‘brainwashing the population’. At least the other networks don’t parade around claiming to be ‘fair and unbalance’ in their coverage, at least viewers aren’t mislead into presuming that what they’re hearing is unbiased (or as unbiased as you can be).
Channels like Fox just promote the view that Americans are a bunch of aggressive, illiterate nationalists who are too disillusioned by their own self importance to be able to make any sort of good judgement.
Well, I just needed to vent because I’ve just finished watching Hannity and Colmes =P
...anyone who has watched Shaun Hannity, knows what i'm going through

so anyone else think foxnews are power hungry, brainwashing, hypocrytical assholes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)