2009 CSSA Trial HSC (1 Viewer)

Therewego

HSC
wow...that was totally unexpected...

did anyone else find the exam extremely difficult?

the crime writing creative writing question...well i didn't actually realise they could do that, I just wrote my story anyway...the essay was alrigghtt I guess.

Thoughts?

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
What do you mean about the crime writing creative writing? I thought it was alright?
Essay was good because I had almost the same question for one of my assessments during the year :D

Therewego

HSC
I mean the "three extracts to present to a group of students" or whatever...I guess I was just expecting to be able to use my prepared story and it threw me off.

doopsta786

HSC
i thought it was pretty good actually feel good about it the crime writitng essay question was good cause i had done a similar question and i just changed my story a bit and it fit well :)

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
I mean the "three extracts to present to a group of students" or whatever...I guess I was just expecting to be able to use my prepared story and it threw me off.
What the fuck? This was for crime writing?

Liyo

HSC
What the fuck? This was for crime writing?
er..that wasn't the CSSA crime creative question. It was a silhouette of a man...:confused:

Therewego

HSC
yes it was...it threw my whole class off it wasn't just me who chose it....

you have to write three original extracts aimed at a seminar of youths which accurately embodied the conventions of crime fiction or something...

and it said something about "include a reflection of the characteristics blah blah blah" (i dont remember because i purposely ignored that part of the question.

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Therewego: that was NOT the CSSA crime writing creative question...

As Liyo said, it was a picture of the silhouette of a man... Are you entirely sure you did the Catholic trial?

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Whew, put me off there. I think either 'therewego' did the wrong question or his teacher replaced the creative question ( WHY ? ) OR he didn't even do the CSSA paper...

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Whew, put me off there. I think either 'therewego' did the wrong question or his teacher replaced the creative question ( WHY ? ) OR he didn't even do the CSSA paper...
lmao. Ye i thought the stimulus was a tissue box lol. Essay question was good though.

astroe

HSC
LOL.
Man silhouette. I said it was a diary. It was too abstract for my liking. The essay was pretty sweet though, haha. :)

I'm not sure whether it was a question for another elective, but not CSSA Crime Fiction. :S

0hNivlek

HSC
This was the Independant trial.

yah the creative writing was so ... Three extracts + three reflections. :S

Therewego

HSC
This was the Independant trial.

yah the creative writing was so ... Three extracts + three reflections. :S
We did the Independant trial???!!??

OUR TEACHER LIED!!!

out come the pitchforks...

but seriously I guess you guys must be right, though it is strange seeing as every other exam we did was the CSSA trial...

So the Catholic trial stimulus was an image of the silhouette of a man? hmm...I really really really wish we got that one...

astroe

HSC
If you had the Catholic Trial, it would have CSSA on the cover, big and bold. :haha:
And no, you wouldn't have wanted the stimulus, it was so abstract and weird, in my eyes anyway. :(

V3

HSC
I did the life writing module (the most boring elective EVER), and I thought the essay question was worded really strangely. The creative section was pretty good. (Did the CSSA trial)

Liyo

HSC
I did the life writing module (the most boring elective EVER), and I thought the essay question was worded really strangely. The creative section was pretty good. (Did the CSSA trial)
hahaha, the life writing creative stimulus was pretty tho. :rofl:

astroe

HSC
I actually liked the Science Fiction stimulus,
I was like "Wow, I wanna go see that movie. :haha:"

naisAtoN

Awesome Member
HSC
Our school did the CSSA trials but our teacher also bought the independent ones so we have a greater variety of questions for practice essays, creatives, etc before the HSC.

We got back our marks (from the CSSA Trial) today and had a look at the independent ones afterwards and I must say I'm so glad we did the catholic - the Crime Writing independent creative question was totally out of left field and would've thrown me a bit...

The critical section didn't seem too bad, generally just as expected...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)