2009 Macquarie Uni Offers / General Chatter (1 Viewer)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
I love all my subjects so far :)
yayy me too :) well no that's a lie actually. statistics is ridic boring. everything else is brill though!

I know! The roll call thing made it feel like high school lol. I was near the bottom left exit, so luckily it wasn't too bad for me either. And I agree, the lecture was really really interesting :) I can't wait to start studying the topics like Psychological Problems and Personality.
i was also near the bottom left exit...G to N? yeh hearing the outline for the semester got me heaps keen :D

*Baby-K*

HSC
I don't know whether I should go to the Law114 lecture tomorrow. At tute yesterday Denise Meyerson said that there are more law students than they expected so it will be packed and if students have a big gap between their classes they can listen to the iLecture.
I've got french 11-1pm and a 3 hour break till law. Should I stay or should I go home? When are iLectures published?

xsavagex

HSC
I had to leave psy104 yesterday coz o fthe stupid roll call (since imregistered in the 6pm one but cant go) but today they didnt do the roll call thank god!

I like that lecturer.

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
I don't know whether I should go to the Law114 lecture tomorrow. At tute yesterday Denise Meyerson said that there are more law students than they expected so it will be packed and if students have a big gap between their classes they can listen to the iLecture.
I've got french 11-1pm and a 3 hour break till law. Should I stay or should I go home? When are iLectures published?
for econ110, pretty much we had the lecture 2pm-4pm and that evening (7pm?) when i checked, the iLecture was up, so yeh pertty quick...[however WTF is wrong with stat171, the iLecture's not up from 2 days ago?!?]

HSC
The roll call for psych was weird.

I talked to the department yesterday and apparently they might do it again for the two hour lecture next week.

Did anyone register for the research participation yet? I registered for two so far and I would get 1 credit point from them.

xsavagex

HSC
Research participation??

Oh god i hope they dont do that roll call again. I think i'll just go and wait till everyones seated coz today there were loads of seats left. It def wasnt full

dance2urownbeat

HSC
eh i'm registered in the lecture so i don't really care, i'd rather just know beforehand so i don't sit down and get my stuff out, then have to pack up and get my name ticked off.
and yep, i've registered for two research projects and i've got 1.25 credits so far.

lucidassembly

HSC
i was also near the bottom left exit...G to N?
Yeah, I was there :D We might have bumped into each other! You wouldn't happen to be blonde, would you lol? I spoke to a random blonde person :p

I registered for two research projects too, so I think I'm on 1.25 credit points right now.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Ooh what have you been to so far?

I did my first class (Egyptian Ceramics) on Monday. Christiana is fantastic, so the subject should be great hopefully. Are you doing 100? I'd be interested to see who tutors for it...

I did the core AH honours subject tonight - the convener is awesome, but all the lectures are on fucking classical history which I honestly neither care about nor have the time for. At least the assignments will be sort of constructive to thesis writing, but it looks like the classes will be a massive waste of time. :-(

Ive had 100, 205 and 103. Are you talking about Christina Kohler? She lectured for 100 and it was really really interesting, i was suprised, i was never that much into Egyptian history but it all sounded so cool.

103 was also pretty good, for Roman History, but im really loving 205 so far, which is also quite suprising lol, i thought i'd hate learning another language but im actually really enjoying it (god they go through it slowly compared to the summer school though!).

Im so glad im liking the way history is taught at uni, even if it has only been the first week, i was really worried that it would be different from highschool in such a way that i would stop enjoyiong it.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Tom and Lea aren't teaching this semester are they :( 103 isn't quite complete without those two.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Tom and Lea aren't teaching this semester are they :( 103 isn't quite complete without those two.

yea, a couple of older students have told me it won't be as good this year as a result.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
yea, a couple of older students have told me it won't be as good this year as a result.
Haha, that's a bit harsh, I'd say it won't be the 'complete' experience until you've done a Roman subject with Tom and Lea!

dance2urownbeat

HSC
Yeah, I was there :D We might have bumped into each other! You wouldn't happen to be blonde, would you lol? I spoke to a random blonde person :p

I registered for two research projects too, so I think I'm on 1.25 credit points right now.
haha nope i'm a brunette! i was like second person to get my name marked off though since i was so close lol. and i'm sure i've registered for the same research projects as you since i'm on 1.25 too which i think i already mentioned. i qualified for the other one apart from the being a male thing haha.

edit: marnie isn't taking hist115 this semester which is a bit disappointing, but david christian and peter edwell seem pretty cool too.

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
so what part of the pie am i missing out on?
Tom brings an aura of awesome when he lectures, it really does bring the subject to life, his enthusiasm, his toga's, his demonstrations of roof tiles impacting on watermelons in demonstrating the impact of a Roman roof tile on one of the Gracchi's heads as part of the uprising during the Senatus Consultum Ultimum....

I'm looking forward to doing Ciceronian next semester haha

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Tom brings an aura of awesome when he lectures, it really does bring the subject to life, his enthusiasm, his toga's, his demonstrations of roof tiles impacting on watermelons in demonstrating the impact of a Roman roof tile on one of the Gracchi's heads as part of the uprising during the Senatus Consultum Ultimum....

I'm looking forward to doing Ciceronian next semester haha

Togas and watermelons? Not fair.. maybe if im lucky i'll get him for another subject at some stage.

X

xeuyrawp

Ive had 100, 205 and 103. Are you talking about Christina Kohler? She lectured for 100 and it was really really interesting, i was suprised, i was never that much into Egyptian history but it all sounded so cool.
Christiana is, imo, the best teacher in ancient history. Just don't be frightened by all the artefacts when they come.
PS: It's Koehler, or Köhler. :)

103 was also pretty good, for Roman History, but im really loving 205 so far, which is also quite suprising lol, i thought i'd hate learning another language but im actually really enjoying it (god they go through it slowly compared to the summer school though!).
Just wait - the pace will speed up a bit. Learning a language is like exercise; you sort of have to warm up a bit first. :p Just make sure you keep up with as much of the work as possible.

Im so glad im liking the way history is taught at uni, even if it has only been the first week, i was really worried that it would be different from highschool in such a way that i would stop enjoyiong it.
Hoorah! :)

edit: marnie isn't taking hist115 this semester which is a bit disappointing, but david christian and peter edwell seem pretty cool too.
Ack - I need to come watch a Christian lecture... Peter's taking the honours seminar this semseter, as well, and is also a great teacher.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)