• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Ps. This thread is now about my room.

Re pics: I thought I got a pic of the far wall but clearly not, but it's all that white cupboard the whole way across..
Please ignore clutter/ugly furnishings. Part brother's leftovers, part mum's taste.

Design away. Seriously I need ideas.

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Firstly, have u measured the room to make sure the furniture can fit like u proposed in the plan?

I'm thinking every paintable surface in white. white sheer curtains from the ceiling.
Then you have a few options: paint furniture in different bright block colours, introduce a cool shaggy rug.
Or paint all the furniture white, use white linen, glass light fittings. Idk I see it in my head but the Internet is not conducive to describing pictures with words.
In my mind the first is more fun and the second is more feminine.

I really like the windows and think a lot could be done with them

Edit: you could also do a sort of black and white rock chic thing with like a faux fur throw over the bed, a mirrored side table, some fancy wallpaper or doona
but I don't like that style so much because it's too girly for me
None of these ideas really use natural tones however u could incorporate a little brown (ur in timber) and green (maybe in a plant/white flowers) in the 'all white' idea.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Damn, I knew you'd say white. I didn't think you'd say white that much though.
I'm not really interested in white. It gets dirty.
I'm also not interested in painting furniture/swapping light fittings. Mostly I just want a wall colour so I can buy a doona....

And no I haven't measured anything :D Except that I know the double will fit and the desk will be fine at the window..the rest needs to be bought so I was just gonna make them fit.

What is a lot that can be done with windows? I figured they're just windows hey.. You mean curtain-wise?

God it just started raining :( Nooooo

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
oh well if you want to do a half-assed job just pick ur favourite colour and slap it on the wall.
ignore the fact that with such a dark floor and low ceilings it'd look like a cluttered little dungeon if there is too much furniture in the room and heavy colour on the wall.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
oh well if you want to do a half-assed job just pick ur favourite colour and slap it on the wall.
ignore the fact that with such a dark floor and low ceilings it'd look like a cluttered little dungeon if there is too much furniture in the room and heavy colour on the wall.
Lol, there won't be heaps of furniture. To me your ideas sounded cluttered and complicated.
I said I just wanted an idea of wall colour haha. Thanks for trying but I said natural and you know me, I don't like fussy shit. A good interior designer listens to their client ;)

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
not much, dreading my physics mark when it comes out, lol my two of my uncles came over today and one brought "date slice" but since he didnt have time to make it he just gave us the ingredents and told us to make it hahaha.
yew for no uni atm

Last edited:
HSC
He said the same thing about you, bruhaha.
OH SNAP

But really, it was pretty scripted, and there was a general absence in non-scripted interactions with the public which made borat so kickass.

Only mad bits was the bruno celebrities show promo and straight dave's wrestling.

Robot Chicken = reigns supreme.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Yeah, I decided on transformers 2 over Bruno for that reason. I think it could be something i'd watch on DVD, but not at the cinema.

Transformers 2/Terminator 4 on the other hand...

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
You stay up later bro.

Nah, apparently they CGI'd him into this one for a few scenes, so the big man does make an appearance. Anyway this movie is more about the battle between man and machine, led by Johhhhhnnnn Connnnoooorrrr, rather than a search/destroy/protect of him.

Want to c.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Dude. Stop it?

My bro's mate who is like an authority on those kind of movies said Terminator 4 was a MAJOR disappointment. Though I know you like the flashing lights Christopher :)

I agree with Bruno though. Borat was pretty meh imo, so I don't imagine Bruno will be amazingly awesome. DVD for me too.

Oliver, Robot Chicken is great, but really not the same genre hahah

HSC
You stay up later bro.
Yeah, I'm up till 5am every morning and I sleep till 3, I miss the day time :(

The_highwayman said:
the first featured a prolonged display of a penis flopping around and the second featured a full makeout/erotic sex scene between two guys.

probably the gayest parts of the entire film.
You didn't dig the talking penis?

There something you wanna tell us, matt?

em_516 said:
I agree with Bruno though. Borat was pretty meh imo, so I don't imagine Bruno will be amazingly awesome. DVD for me too.

Oliver, Robot Chicken is great, but really not the same genre hahah
I liked borat, I just got sick of his quotes being flogged to death by my nerd friends in high school. I'd recommend the movie but it isnt as awesome.

I know, but I got it on dvd right now - the second season kicks tremendous ass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)