• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009 Preliminary Yearly Results Thread (1 Viewer)

yeah_boy

HSC
i won't be getting mine til next term.. I heard a lot of other schools did an english paper 1 and also a paper 2.. we only did one exam for english :S. What things did Paper 2 encompass?

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
i won't be getting mine til next term.. I heard a lot of other schools did an english paper 1 and also a paper 2.. we only did one exam for english :S. What things did Paper 2 encompass?
comprehension. Comprehension is my strongest point. I suck at essay writing, coz I can't memorise quotes.

abckvv

HSC
comprehension. Comprehension is my strongest point. I suck at essay writing, coz I can't memorise quotes.

half the time you can practically make up the quote, as long as the generally jist of it is faithful to the text. the teacher's have a time limit for marking. its not like theyre gonna check.

minty388

HSC
5th/40 ppl in legal studies, pretty sure i came top 3 in my class :)

4th in italian continuers

6th in gen maths

idk about the rest

suling

HSC
Ancient is the only one I got marks back for..I ended up 1st. I lost all my marks on these silly true/false and 'select the right word' questions..not the essays or short responses...grrr

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Ancient is the only one I got marks back for..I ended up 1st. I lost all my marks on these silly true/false and 'select the right word' questions..not the essays or short responses...grrr
hmm I didn't know they had true/false in ancient history.
i thought there was no more multiple choice in ancient history, modern history and english subjects.

HSC
got majority back, but a few important ones are being marked over these holidays, so frustrating, i just want them back!

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
here were my thoughts on each exam:

English - super hard. zomg. I thought I was going to fail, lol... I kicked everyone's ass but one person
Maths - super good. I thought I was going to kick everyone's ass but I had my ass kicked by two people.
Chemistry - got my ass kicked. was sooo hard. I didn't study
Religion: fucking easy. Had stupid questions like Outline one principle event in Muhammad's life. I made up half the exam. I kicked the ass of everyone but 2 people
Economics yet to receive back.. but I think I kicked everyone's ass in that (save three people perhaps)

So as u can see... in total, I think I had my ass kicked by around 10 people (save chemistry, lol)
but not for long.. coz I will kick everyone's ass next term :p ohh yesss

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
half the time you can practically make up the quote, as long as the generally jist of it is faithful to the text. the teacher's have a time limit for marking. its not like theyre gonna check.
yeah.. i did that in my English exam and ended up with 70%... but comprehension brought me up to 80%.. constituting a ranking of 1st overall.
haha and everyone thought that this guy would be kicking my ass. They were wrong, indeed. :p

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
got majority back, but a few important ones are being marked over these holidays, so frustrating, i just want them back!
I love getting exam results back, particularly in the subjects such as English, Maths, Ancient History, Economics, religion, etc. To me, getting exam results back is all about beating other people. I love it :shy:

How do u reckon you did in your exams?

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
I love getting exam results back, particularly in the subjects such as English, Maths, Ancient History, Economics, religion, etc. To me, getting exam results back is all about beating other people. I love it :shy:

it's only great if you're really smart :( and in this case you are

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
it's only great if you're really smart :( and in this case you are
Hence the login name ninetypercent. :p (just joking!)

I like getting results back even if they are bad because I can have a good laugh about how stupid I can be at times, and that motivates me to beat other people in the subjects I am good at or just to work harder in general..

HSC

I've done very well in english, religion and eco, still waiting on the others. will post all results when i get them back! c'mon teachers :hammer:

Tangent

HSC
Did alrite in most of my tests though i couldn't finish 3u maths and Chem =(
not sure if I answered the question in Advanced English tho either :/
how come most of the ppl on BOS studies are doing 4u maths? makes me feel soo dumb lol.
rofl. i know if i didnt do ext maths, id feel smarting than having done it

still waiting for all my exams to come back, but i know i got 4th in maths, and i think i went pretty well in english and legal.

as for physics, chem and maths ext...hang me now:hammer:

ahh well, going to have to put in much more effort next year

mirakon

nigga
HSC
1st in ext 1 maths 92%

4th in 2 unit maths 97% (stupid mistakes)

Here is where I lost one such mark for ext 1 in my working:

2-8=6<0

(facepalm)

Sean432

HSC
I've got really bad news for u all. Prelims dont count for Squat. And they certaintly arent an indicator for the HSC. So quit obsessing and get on with ur lives.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)