2009 Trial HSC Exams Discussion (2 Viewers)

r u satisfied wif ur results

• yes im pleased

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • im disappointed

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • alright, but could've done beta

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
For me:

3U & 4U Maths - 40%
English - 30%
Physics - 30%
Business Studies - 30%
Studies of Religion - no clue, shows my committment haha

Anyway, with the varying difficulties - I'd recommend doing practice trial papers which are similar to your level. Like I've been doing mainly past Catholic papers - because they best simulate what's going to be on my trial.

No point doing a trial that's too hard or too easy in my opinion.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: so, how important are you trials...

Phys and Chem are huge cause there's a prac which is worth 15% there too. Actual trial is 40%.
The sciences and higher levels of math always have big weighting on the trials exams... better not stuff em :S lol

Everyone will be fine. If you put in the effort, you'll be rewarded :)

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
History Extension: 5%
English Advanced: 20%
Legal Studies: 25%
Business Studies: 30%
Mathematics: 30%
Modern History: 40%

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Re: so, how important are you trials...

Fuck Anna... that's heaps!

(excuse the terrible french)
You're excused XD It's quite horrible... but it'll be good if i manage to snatch 1st again like in prelims - i'm 2 marks behind 1st lol.

Oh and my mxt2 weighting is 45% aha.

i hoping it will make me. i need this badly. LOL
You better be studying your but off then :p

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
just wondering

how badly do trials affect ur final hsc??

i had my trials early...wsnt happy with the results...but rank was alright (most in top 10)

trials were mainly worth around 30%

so how badly do you think its affected it?
Trials only have a large effect because usually their weighting is high compared to the assessments through the year.

What's important in the end are your ranks and the gaps between the ranks. As long your rank remains quite high and the mark gap between you and the ranks above you are quite low then you're fine.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Trials only have a large effect because usually their weighting is high compared to the assessments through the year.

What's important in the end are your ranks and the gaps between the ranks. As long your rank remains quite high and the mark gap between you and the ranks above you are quite low then you're fine.
:) +1 (if I could)

*changes annabackwards's signature to say ATAR aim* (P.S. Your sexy sig is kinda... more of old-sexy now, you have a cougar signature! XD :lol:)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
:) +1 (if I could)

*changes annabackwards's signature to say ATAR aim* (P.S. Your sexy sig is kinda... more of old-sexy now, you have a cougar signature! XD :lol:)
Aha, i will not accept that ATAR is replacing the UAI until i probably get my actual ATAR XD Cougar eh? :p

4U t'day..

frikkin hell man.
I hope you went well :)

HSC
Hey guys, make sure you're strapped onto your noble steeds as the 'Trials Express' pulls into the station.

Remember to take the sharper swords into the battle and make your rough journey worth it in the end.

I got my procrastination monster locked away in a box, under my bed. And you should too!

GOOD LUCK- While a lot of people are trying to make the weekend count, ALSO MAKE PROPER USE OF TONIGHT - FRIDAY NIGHT YES.

If you try to take Friday night off, just for a break, you've basically stopped feeding your noble steed, and over the weekend I wouldn't be surprised if it starts to get weak!

Long story short - study study and GOOD LUCK! :cool:

0hNivlek

HSC
Mine begins this monday! English paper 1 + legal studies. Ahhhhhhhhh + my pip is due Monday morning too -_-.

Good luck everyone XD!

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
Can someone help me with this...

In my history extension project i came first with 35/40, and the girls behind me got 33 and 31. It was weighted 80%... If they beat me in the trial (which is weighted 20%) by the amount I am ahead by (2 marks and 4 marks) does that mean I will lose my rank...Like taking into account the weighting of both tasks?

Sorry if this made no sense! :)

mesbaz

HSC
N/A
Trials next week !

So, a lot of people start their trial exams from monday.
Hows everyones preparations ???

:D

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Trials next week !

Well I'm not in year 12 so I can't speak of the stress of the HSC (but I do accelerate soo...): I feel quite confident for my maths trials but I'm doing the CSSA independent paper and it's on Monday week 4 and Thursday same week.

My preparations have been sufficient I guess... :lol: I seem to be only having difficulty on the very hardest of questions, so I guess I'm up to almost the best I can be.

0hNivlek

HSC
Re: Trials next week !

I need to fix + print my PIP tonight. Then work on practice essays for Belonging as well as Legal Studies for Monday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)