2009 UMAT Official Results (No Spam) (1 Viewer)

Ben1220

HSC
I've noticed that there aren't many actual medicine students in the medicine forum. Just lots of high school students.
I wonder why that could be...

ashllis92

HSC
Thanks for the reply ashllis92. How high would my ATAR need to be to get a late round interview? And when do you find out? Sorry for all the questions, I never really looked into it!

That's all good, unless you're rural or can qualify under another special entry type scheme your chances aren't great. I don't really know what sort of ATAR you'd need but probably 99.5+ I'm not really sure when you find out but it's after the ATAR comes out which is the 17th of Dec (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) Don't forget that if you don't get in you can sit the UMAT again next year or do another degree and go in as a graduate student. If you want it enough and are prepared to work hard enough you'll get there but it's going to be pretty damn hard! I hope you get there!

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
I've noticed that there aren't many actual medicine students in the medicine forum. Just lots of high school students.
I wonder why that could be...
Maybe because this is a high school student forum? Hence the name "boredofstudies". Its a forum containing information for high school studies and entry into university. Plus, uni students are pretty busy, esp med students.

ashllis92

HSC
Maybe because this is a high school student forum? Hence the name "boredofstudies". Its a forum containing information for high school studies and entry into university. Plus, uni students are pretty busy, esp med students.
not you apparently :)

+1

HSC
That's all good, unless you're rural or can qualify under another special entry type scheme your chances aren't great. I don't really know what sort of ATAR you'd need but probably 99.5+ I'm not really sure when you find out but it's after the ATAR comes out which is the 17th of Dec (I think, correct me if I'm wrong) Don't forget that if you don't get in you can sit the UMAT again next year or do another degree and go in as a graduate student. If you want it enough and are prepared to work hard enough you'll get there but it's going to be pretty damn hard! I hope you get there!
Thanks so much for the advice. The ATAR comes out on 14 Dec this year actually. I'm willing to work hard, just hoping for the best now!

61st of April

HSC
S1: 57
S2: 52
S3: 56
Overall score: 55
Percentile:
75%

Umat prep if any:
NIE books and workshop, ACER Practice Questions and Practice Test

Also any interview offers so far:
RSES Bachelor of Medicine at UNSW

theresekathryn

HSC
Just out of curiosity, were we supposed to get an email of confirmation from UNSW if we applied for medicine?
I sent in my application through my school and am starting to freak out that it hasn't got there (probably irrationally)

Also, in keeping with the topic, I got overall score 60, 91%

61st of April

HSC
Just out of curiosity, were we supposed to get an email of confirmation from UNSW if we applied for medicine?
I sent in my application through my school and am starting to freak out that it hasn't got there (probably irrationally)

Also, in keeping with the topic, I got overall score 60, 91%

Don't worry, I didn't get any email of confirmation from UNSW to inform me that they had received my application - chances are you won't get one either - the next email you should get from them will be telling you whether or not they have offered you an interview ;)

Lukybear

HSC
S1: 57
S2: 52
S3: 56
Overall score: 55
Percentile: 75%

Umat prep if any: NIE books and workshop, ACER Practice Questions and Practice Test

Also any interview offers so far: RSES Bachelor of Medicine at UNSW

I suppose RSES is rural? But you must still have a great estimate UAI.

ashllis92

HSC
Yay for rural :) It's a bummer my rurality rating isn't going to be anything flash... 13 years at RRMA 4... Hopefully they liked my rural questions answers and boost that a little

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)