2010 Nursing students (1 Viewer)

discovery

HSC
I am leaving! So if any of you are interested in any second hand textbooks please PM me, they are all in great condition and purchased last year.. If you buy more than one off me I will give you a discount etc.. Let me know! I will provide you with a full list of the books I have and the prices :)

kuringgai

HSC
you should study midwifery which is easier.

do you have 3rd year textbooks AND subject outlines?

discovery

HSC
Uh, the level of difficulty of the course had nothing to do with it, I actually went really well it just wasnt what I wanted to be doing.

I should have specified before, I was only a 1st year so only have 1st year books. This is more aimed at new students however anyone is welcome to enquire!

discovery

HSC
Also, for UTS students, I have 2 size 18 pants and 2 size 18 shirts for sale in the new green uniform. They are in good condition, they were only worn for 3 weeks over the whole year. So if you go to enrollment day and find that you are a size 18 you are more than welcome to buy mine at a reduced price.. They were far too big for me anyway! :)

purplemonkey

HSC
I hate how those uniform people always "encourage" you to get a size too big! I hate those stupid green shirts, why couldn't they just stick with polos?! :p

discovery

HSC
Oh I know, "yeah get this size you need room to move'. Yeah moving is one thing, pants >2 sizes too big arnt and a shirt that could be worn as a dress - no thanks!

discovery

HSC
Kuringai please stop posting things unless they are worthwhile. You don't seem to contribute anything to the posts I make.

lotuspod

HSC
N/A
Hi, just wondering if you still have nursing texts for sale?. Also if anyone can let me know which texts we actually require that would be greatly appreciated. I am starting BN at UTS this year.

Thank you!;)

purplemonkey

HSC
Hi lotuspod, welcome to nursing at UTS! :)

Last year we had a book pack with 4 set texts in it: "Medical-Surgical Nursing", "Fundamentals of Nursing", "Mosby's Dictionary of Health, Nursing and Medicine" and "Havard's Nursing Guide to Drugs". If you guys have the same pack on the booklist this year definitely get it because you use them to do your lab work and assignments. Though the course structure has changed this year, I'm pretty sure the main texts would stay the same. The new editions were certainly in the Co-Op last week.

lotuspod

HSC
N/A
Hi PurpleMonkey,

Thank you!. I have read alot of your threads, you are very informative, helpful and positive!. I'm sure you have helped alot of people out there that have not joined the forums.
All the best for 2010!

:sun:

purplemonkey

HSC
Hi PurpleMonkey,

Thank you!. I have read alot of your threads, you are very informative, helpful and positive!. I'm sure you have helped alot of people out there that have not joined the forums.
All the best for 2010!

:sun:
Glad you found some good information :) Thanks you, same to you! Nursing is a great degree, I hope you enjoy it :D

HSC
If you need any books such as nursing and the law, community wellbeing and a book on interpersonal communications etc, let me know as i have the previous edition of these books, and they are like brand new :) I used them in either 1st or 2nd yr but as the course has been reworked for thsoe starting this year they may all be required for this year.

Goodluck!!!

gracie007

HSC
god i havent been on here in ages

but im keen to buy that mental health textbook if anyone has it, email me!xx

Jetsetter

HSC
N/A
Hi lil_georgie_gal, thanks for the info. I'll contact you if ever I need certain books. :) I'm entering UTS next year. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)