2010 Offers for Communication at UTS (1 Viewer)

panicstation

HSC
Post your offer for Social Inquiry, Journalism, Public Communication, Writing, Media Arts, Info Media or Sound and Music here - and if you are taking it up this year.

SFinspired

HSC
Good thread..
I'm hoping to get into Pub Com with my Insearch Diploma degree.
All the best for the rest!

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Hi! :)
I got offered: Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism). I've already accepted and registered for my email etc.
I'm very happy :)

SFinspired

HSC
Got in Bachelor of Arts in Communication Social Inquiry :)
with advanced standing of 1 year!

monarch24

HSC
Hi! I got into Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Media Arts and Production) :)
anyone else?

UTSjournalism

HSC
N/A
It means that the person has completed some subjects at tertiary level and is being credited with those subjects towards the new degree.

jess39

HSC
I got Communication (Writing and Cultural Studies)/International Studies. So happy.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I naively assumed that i was getting into Journalism/International Studies so i was horrified upon learning that the cut off had shot up to 97.20, thus i earned my third preference at UC. Poo. So I've changed my top preference to straight journalism for the next two rounds!

Root for me!

Altho I'm not going til 2011 anyway so if I don't get in I'll apply again in November.

panicstation

HSC
Hey, last year and the year before, they didn't offer any in the second round. The good thing to know is that if you get into straight journalism, you can do an internal transfer to international studies in your second year.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hey, last year and the year before, they didn't offer any in the second round. The good thing to know is that if you get into straight journalism, you can do an internal transfer to international studies in your second year.
Thanks for that! But no thanks, because now I'm disappointed. Well I'll probs just apply when I get back from round the world next year, hey I've asked this question before but I don't think I've got a reply; are there any communications-based scholarships available at UTS? And are there any scholarships at all that aren't for nursing, IT or engineering, they're all I could find!

I LOATHE the UTS website.

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Well, you could hope for some people to decline their Journalism offers, so you could get in, since there's no vacancies at the moment :) Good luck.

SFinspired: I can't wait too!

missgraceful

What a joke..
HSC
Got into Bachelor of Arts in Communication (Journalism). So freaking happy!

AM_092

HSC
N/A
Can't wait to enroll next Wednesday! Anyone going to the Faculty Welcome on Feb 26?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)