[2011] Math (7-12 up to MX1), Chemistry and French (7-10) tutoring - SAT Tutoring (1 Viewer)

beeish

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey.
My name is Beckie. I graduated from Sydney Girls High in 2008 but I spent the last two years taking an “extended” gap year and auditing mostly science classes at an American university. I am starting Medicine/Arts in 2011 and UNSW. I am offering tutoring for Chemistry, Maths (up to MX1) as well as French up to year 10. As weird as it sounds I really kinda love chemistry and math and hence why I want to tutor them. I have many resources that I would pull from in my tutoring approach and I am flexible in focussing in areas that you need/want to focus on. I understand how frustrating HSC and Prelim can be and I just want to help you understand the most that you can, because I know how comforting that feels in such a stressful year.

SUBJECTS

Mathematics and Mathematics Extension 1
HSC Marks: 93 in MX1 and 87 in MX2
Chemistry
HSC Mark of 92
General Chemistry A: A
General Chemistry B: A
Organic Chemistry A: A
French
HSC Mark: 88
French 3: A

I have also taken college level chemistry (up to the first semester of Organic Chemistry) receiving what would have been an A in all courses (it’s a long story) as well as the French III at the tertiary level.

Just for interest I also received a HSC mark of 91 in English Advanced and 84 in English Extension 1.

I received a UAI of 98.05 in 2008. I was offered Medicine at UNSW in the first round of offers for 2009.

OTHER DETAILS (LOCATION, COST etc.)
I live in the eastern suburbs in the Bondi, Dover Heights, Vaulcluse, Bondi Junction area. I also am happy to tutor at UNSW or at Waverly Library. Please contact me for other locations.
I charge $35 an hour for individual and $20 per student for group.
Just PM me for more information ☺ I'm friendly I promise :)

I am also offering SAT tuition for those of you who want to apply to the US - $40/h
I received a 2210 (in 2008) including a perfect score on the Math Section.

Last edited:

beeish

HSC
Uni Grad
I forgot to mention I also offer tutoring for the SAT Subject tests in Chemistry and Math Level 2
I got a 740 and 760 respectively (right before my HSC too :S)
I was also offered admission to UCLA and USC although I chose to go to UNSW to study Med

Bored Of Fail

Banned
HSC
N/A
lol 2years of extended gap year.

for your info : dont expect to get any students on here quickly, I have had an ad up for months with absolutely no responses at all.

Also, your marks themselves are alright, but not that good if you know what I mean.

Look at all the people on this site that are getting all the students, they all have 99.95ATARS and ranked first in subjects. You are much better off trying to find a local tutoring company to try and get some work, because the people on this site only go for state rankers.

Also, you are thinking of charging $35/hr, you need to lower that if you want to try and get anyone, you have been on a break for 2 years, it is very likely that you have forgotten a fair bit of material over that time ( I know I have, in one year I have nearly forgotten everything about circle geometry, permutations and combinations and the harder sections of binomial theorm ( im still fairly good on all the other 3 unit topics though ) , because they dont test that shit at all at uni, so I decided to just try and stick to tutoring 2unit math )

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)