2012 BHHS 99.60 ATAR Phys 95/Chem 94/MathExt1 96 $20-35/hour + Experience (1 Viewer)

danier

HSC
Hey :)

My name's Daniel and I've recently just graduated from Baulkham Hills High School with an atar of 99.60; aiming to study medicine with a backup of becoming a physics teacher. I am currently offering tutoring in physics, chemistry and math ext 1; with marks of 95 in Physics, 94 in Chemistry and 96 in Math Ext 1.

Options:
Phys: Astrophysics
Chem: Chemistry of Art

I have 10 months work experience at James An College and have 2 years experience in private tuition for students ranging from year 7 to year 11.
I've always believed that smart students aren't always smart teachers and although I'm not exactly the smartest of the crop, the motivation and dedication that i have acquired through experience and a passion for teaching pushes me to ensure that my students will thoroughly understand key concepts and answer with confidence those very difficult Band 6 questions which differentiate an average student to a top 10 rank. Always having a knack for public speaking and debating, the element of teaching has become natural to me and something which i thoroughly enjoy :)

Additional achievements in the area of Science include:

+ University of Sydney, School of Physics and International Science School Alumnus
+ 36th Professor Harry Messel International Science School Scholar
+ Invitation for the University of Sydney Science Talented Student Program for Undergraduate Study

I am available in the following areas:
- My studio classroom at home (Cherrybrook/Castle Hill)
- Willing to go to your home if its accessible by public transport along the Northern Train Line (i.e. hornsby-epping-strathfield) or nearby Cherrybrook
- Willing to go to any library along the Northern Train Line, Castle Hill, Baulkham Hills.

Price:
$30/hour for 1 student, $25/hour each for 2 students and $20/hour each for 3 students.
N.B. I currently have a few students that I am teaching and hence i am able to merge students together for lessons if that is what you would like. More so, if i receive several students interested in tuition, as it is currently the holidays, i am able to provide almost daily tuition for an intensive holiday program or even be able to hold 5-10 people classes by booking rooms such as at the Epping Club or an office room.

Lesson:
I prefer to structure my lessons in 2.5 hour blocks. At the start of every lesson, i will give a 30 minute test on what was learnt in the week before. Then i will teach 1.5 hours of new content and will spend the last 30 minutes going through the previous week's test results and homework mistakes. My homework consists of an hours work per week or more if you are keen on doing more questions and these questions will be written by me with sample answers as well as taken from past trial papers and hsc papers.
However I am very flexible with lesson length and frequency (weekly, fortnightly, up to you).

Although this structure can be very strict and tedious with an exam every lesson, it keeps you accountable and forces you to constantly revise your work.

I totally disagree with rote learning and just handing over a piece of paper to read and memorise and with the flip side to that, i hate writing down in a workbook all the notes because it uses up a lot of time. I currently have months worth of subject material which are being used for my current students and hence all lessons are already pre planned. A work booklet will be given to you which will have the general concepts for each dot point, followed by a extra tip section where i will highlight the key words that are essential to attain that full mark + give you that edge over other students. However, before even reading through the work booklet, i will make sure to explain the concept through an interactive style teaching to such a proficiency that you are able to recite it back to me. The work booklet hence just become a reference for future revision or a basis to your own notes.

Email me at dhtuition@hotmail.com for further details, enrolment forms and work booklet samples.

N.B. i can also tutor year 7-10s in mathematics, science and english. please email me for further details

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)