2012 campus food guide? (1 Viewer)

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Sandwich place is decent, but when they "toast" it the filling doesn't even warm up 95% of the time.
The pasta/pizza place next door to it is such a rip off, yesterdays pasta + its cold 80% of the time.
The kebab store next door is worth it though.
Don't eat pasta there - it's bad.

Question2

HSC
N/A
Which part of the kebab place is value for money? Is it the roast chicken + chips deal for $8? I think the burgers cost $10+ for burgers + chips...although im not sure about that.

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
Which part of the kebab place is value for money? Is it the roast chicken + chips deal for $8? I think the burgers cost $10+ for burgers + chips...although im not sure about that.
You should just go there and take a look at the prices. I went there today and bought a pita ($6) that tasted decent and was extremely filling. The pita is cheaper than the ones at the food court near Mathews Theatre, but the only disadvantage is that there's no variety of pitas. Pretty sure that they have a lot of filling, cheap to decent-priced food.

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
matthews food court is just plain shit. fuck that place.

theres a thai place down anzac pd called "its time for thai", $10 lunch menu and its filling as all fuck + thats coming from someone that eats shitloads. Oh and it actually tastes good.

HSC
Uni Grad
matthews food court is just plain shit. fuck that place.

theres a thai place down anzac pd called "its time for thai", $10 lunch menu and its filling as all fuck + thats coming from someone that eats shitloads. Oh and it actually tastes good.
It's Time for Thai is great. On campus I don't really know that much since I live at UNSW Village and eat mostly in my apartment :) But for coffee the coffee cart next to the library lawn is hands down the best coffee on campus, and their stamp card system is the best one (ten stamps and you can get whatever coffee you want for free, at Coffee on campus I think it's limited to a small cappuccino). JG's cafe next to the Chemistry Building/across from Red Centre has the best chocolate croissants (caramel glaze, really filling). White House has the cheapest coffee ($2.80 for a small, $3.30 for a large), but quality is inconsistent depending on the barista you get (generally it's quite nice, then on occasion it's the worst i've ever tasted). Their pizzas are great and around $10.

LOLXD

HSC
$1 small fries x2
$2 chicken n cheese/double cheeseburger x2

+ bring your own tuppaware container with rice and $1 can of tuna

= cheapest feed by far

muzeikchun852

HSC
It's Time for Thai is great. On campus I don't really know that much since I live at UNSW Village and eat mostly in my apartment :) But for coffee the coffee cart next to the library lawn is hands down the best coffee on campus, and their stamp card system is the best one (ten stamps and you can get whatever coffee you want for free, at Coffee on campus I think it's limited to a small cappuccino). JG's cafe next to the Chemistry Building/across from Red Centre has the best chocolate croissants (caramel glaze, really filling). White House has the cheapest coffee ($2.80 for a small, $3.30 for a large), but quality is inconsistent depending on the barista you get (generally it's quite nice, then on occasion it's the worst i've ever tasted). Their pizzas are great and around $10.
gotta agree with the coffee cart. best coffee on campus.

gonna try the croissant some time this week :)

Last edited:

Question2

HSC
N/A
Tried the chicken schintzel + chips at the kebab place today for $8.50.

Not bad...tasted very different from all the schintzel ive eaten before though. Decent portion, but chips were really bland, and no vegetables (unless you pay $10 for the salad option).

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Campus food court near the library:

Chinese food: Laksa was terrible. They used the wrong noodles, the wrong ingredients, and it tasted like some freakish spicy noodles. Stay away from the laksa.
Thats because you didn't ask for rice noodles so they gave you Hokkien

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
meatbox forever and always
mini size or full?

I realised they had a mini version like two weeks ago...

Also, pro-tip: at around 5:30, apparently the food at Quad gets discounted. Guy I know got $5 spaghetti.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
No idea.

I know ML likes getting them for some reason nowadays.

I just know I couldn't finish a full Meatbox when I tried :(

got so close. yet so far.

plus i felt sick afterwards. all dat meat and chips

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Uhh...

Always buy drinks from the Pharmacy. Water is $1.50, but somehow - all the cans of Coke are $1.30.

Nicer tasting drink for a cheaper price!

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Uhh...

Always buy drinks from the Pharmacy. Water is $1.50, but somehow - all the cans of Coke are $1.30.

Nicer tasting drink for a cheaper price!
Coca cola is not better than water. Also it costs 50c to buy coca cola cans on special (30 packs etc) from Woolworths and Coles so I assume shops can get them even cheaper. They would still be making a profit on them.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Coca cola is not better than water. Also it costs 50c to buy coca cola cans on special (30 packs etc) from Woolworths and Coles so I assume shops can get them even cheaper. They would still be making a profit on them.
Yeah but I don't like lugging 30 packs around uni, plus I don't have a fridge on me at all times.

I don't have room in my bag for a cooler thing and it's much more convenient for me to buy a cheap can of Coke from the pharmacy anyways...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)