2012 CSSA Maths 2U (1 Viewer)

Kostie100

HSC
i heard this years paper was very calculus based?
alot of volumes/integration/area etc...
About the same as most papers imo, way to many similarity congruency stuff. And no locus, loan repayments, discriminent. Stupid superannuation instead which i had no idea about.

2xL

HSC
About the same as most papers imo, way to many similarity congruency stuff. And no locus, loan repayments, discriminent. Stupid superannuation instead which i had no idea about.
There was one discriminant. -4 < k < 12 from memory

2xL

HSC
Not in my one... Im positive it wasn't at least a direct discriminant qn. Was your paper changed a bit? Mine was untouched from CSSA
kk my paper was edited. Must have been one of my replacement questions.

anchor72

HSC
Proving h = 3(8-r)/4 and then finding value of r which gives max volume.
Lost two of my three marks from that bloody question. I literally spent over half an hour on that question and didn't come close to proving it. Apparently you had to use tan :/

2xL

HSC
Lost two of my three marks from that bloody question. I literally spent over half an hour on that question and didn't come close to proving it. Apparently you had to use tan :/
I used similar triangles.

Kostie100

HSC
kk my paper was edited. Must have been one of my replacement questions.
probably was because discriminant is usually in it. I wish my school put it in instead of that probability or superannuation qn...

pk290

HSC
N/A
Took me like 20 minutes to figure that one out too!!

btw did anyone else get like barely any a's in the multi choice?

Demise

HSC
For f sake, lost about 20 marks now... Hopefully I can still hit 70-75...

micwes12

HSC
parts of the paper were really hard, parts were easy. I managed to get to 2(8-r) but I had no idea what to do after that.

and our paper was unedited and there was definitely a discriminant question in there. I remember cos I knew how to do it haha

Kostie100

HSC
parts of the paper were really hard, parts were easy. I managed to get to 2(8-r) but i had no idea what to do after that.

And our paper was unedited and there was definitely a discriminant question in there. I remember cos i knew how to do it haha
where wtf??!!

micwes12

HSC
can't remember the exact question but I definitely remember it saying "use the discriminant to solve...." possibly I'm recalling from practice papers, but I'm almost certain it was in there. Maybe your paper was edited a bit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)