2012 Year 9 &10 Mathematics Marathon (1 Viewer)

russ3l

HSC
Re: 2012 Year 9 &10 Mathematics Marathon

So, back from table tennis training. What I have gathered from this maths marathon thread: If ymcaec really is a year 10 student, then the person is quite impressive.
Hi demento1, I personally know ymcaec. He is a very nice person and is incredibly gifted in math :) . Ymacaec IS a year 10 student (he attends my school). However, he will be doing 2013 HSC for math. Very humble person if I may add.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

Hi demento1, I personally know ymcaec. He is a very nice person and is incredibly gifted in math :) . Ymacaec IS a year 10 student (he attends my school). However, he will be doing 2013 HSC for math. Very humble person if I may add.
Ah, cool stuff. I'm sure he'll do well if he continues his efforts. Nice to know he has humility. I've met some pretty arrogant people in the past and they get absolutely no where.

russ3l

HSC

Ah, cool stuff. I'm sure he'll do well if he continues his efforts. Nice to know he has humility. I've met some pretty arrogant people in the past and they get absolutely no where.
I completely agree with your statement.

bleakarcher

HSC

Yeah, basically Thus you just see which one occupied more space. Good question by the way, it actually asked for people to utilise more then simply geometrical applications.

Edit: Here's a question I personally liked when I did it back in year 9. It can be quite easy if you think a little outside the box:

A point P lies inside a square ABCD of side 120. Let F be a point on CD so that PF is perpendicular to CD. P is equidistant from A, B, F. Find PA.
Good question.

ymcaec

HSC
N/A

Yeah, basically Thus you just see which one occupied more space. Good question by the way, it actually asked for people to utilise more then simply geometrical applications.

Edit: Here's a question I personally liked when I did it back in year 9. It can be quite easy if you think a little outside the box:

A point P lies inside a square ABCD of side 120. Let F be a point on CD so that PF is perpendicular to CD. P is equidistant from A, B, F. Find PA.
is it 75 ? :blink2:

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

Yay, got that as well (after doing a lot of weird things at first and then finally realising an easier way)
Utilising (120-x)? I personally loved that question in year 9.

Demento1

Philosopher.
HSC

Yep that's what I got :)

Want to post the solution? (or anyone for that matter)
Back from gaming with spiral. Hmm, I 'could' post up a solution, although I am probably the slowest when it comes to LaTeX.

Edit: If no one posts a solution after my clarinet practice, I will attempt to.

russ3l

HSC

Back from gaming with spiral. Hmm, I 'could' post up a solution, although I am probably the slowest when it comes to LaTeX.

Edit: If no one posts a solution after my clarinet practice, I will attempt to.
how much shit do you do in the holidays!? :O

russ3l

HSC

hahah i remember my first time on LoL....i went solo on a tower -.-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)