2013 CSSA Physics Trial (1 Viewer)

iBibah

HSC
Anyone ready for tomorrow?

Any questions while revising that someone may help you with?

Last edited:

coyney

HSC
Can someone please explain to me Einstein's contribution to Black body radiation, didn't he just agree with Planck ?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Can someone please explain to me Einstein's contribution to Black body radiation, didn't he just agree with Planck ?
I don't recall him contributing to planck for that one.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Do you mean Einsteins contribution to Quantum Theory and its relation to black body radiation?.

Ifso:
- identify Plancks hypothesis
- explain how Einstein extended upon Plancks idea of quantisation and applied quantisation to the radiation field itself
- describe how this was able to explain PE Effect (Threshold frequency, fact that intensity did not affect photoemission)
- relate it to BBR in terms of quantisation (provided support for Plancks hypothesis)

iBibah

HSC
Do you mean Einsteins contribution to Quantum Theory and its relation to black body radiation?.

Ifso:
- identify Plancks hypothesis
- explain how Einstein extended upon Plancks idea of quantisation and applied quantisation to the radiation field itself
- describe how this was able to explain PE Effect (Threshold frequency, fact that intensity did not affect photoemission)
- relate it to BBR in terms of quantisation (provided support for Plancks hypothesis)
But if his contribution was essentially an extension from plancks hypothesis, then how does it support it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
But if his contribution was essentially an extension from plancks hypothesis, then how does it support it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Remember Planck just derived an equation from the BBR curve which enabled it to be explained. A consequence of his equation was quantisation. There was nothing else that supported his idea of quantisation until Einstein extended it to radiation itself, which could then be used to explain PE Effect

iBibah

HSC
Remember Planck just derived an equation from the BBR curve which enabled it to be explained. A consequence of his equation was quantisation. There was nothing else that supported his idea of quantisation until Einstein extended it to radiation itself, which could then be used to explain PE Effect
Hmmmm ok thanks

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
Hi guys, when exams say "principle of relativity" (e.g. you cannot tell whether you are constant velocity or stationary if no contact with outside/windows), it's not special relativity but is this general relativity? or are there 3 different concepts?

iBibah

HSC
Hi guys, when exams say "principle of relativity" (e.g. you cannot tell whether you are constant velocity or stationary if no contact with outside/windows), it's not special relativity but is this general relativity? or are there 3 different concepts?
Principle of relativity is simply the concept that you can only tell if you are moving or stationary by referring to another frame of reference.

Special Relativity is the two postulates:
- laws of physics hold in an inertial frame of reference
- Speed of light is the only constant in the universe

General relativity is outside the syllabus, and is about space-time (time the fourth dimension)

They're not different concepts, they are all essentially derived from the principle of relativity.

(Fizzycyst confirm)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Confirmed!

Principle of relativity = laws of Physics are the same in all inertial frames of reference

Special relativity = principle of relativity + speed of light is constant for all observers

General relativity = special relativity + Newtons Law of universal Gravitation (essentially) --> leading to the concept of spacetime

Last edited:

iBibah

HSC
How'd everyone go? Mixes feeling about the paper :/ some good and some bad

iBibah

HSC
Question 20 mc was a smart ass question lol

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Must have been pree hard if you are having mixed feelings, Mr Über Nerd

Any big mark value qs? Ifso, what on?

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
The one about increasing current and photoelectric effect.

What was 12?
ohh, i don't remember the options for that one haha, do you? if you say them I may remember the q.

12 was the one with a graph and you had to find theta (force vs current i think)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)