2013 Engineering Students (1 Viewer)

Brotein

HSC
Sup Engineering Brahs,

Lets revive this section...Engineering Studies is a dying subject :(
If anyone needs help with mechanics i'll try my best e.g. Truss Analysis, Stress, Strain etc...
Also if anyone has notes that would be epic!

Rathaen

HSC
Hmm, yeah I think I've got some stuff left over from when I was doing HSC Engo. I'll see if I can find the time to get them together and uploaded yo.

I'll also generally be lurking aroundabouts here every so often - maybe once or twice a month, and I'll help out if I can :)

It's not a dying subject imo. I reckon that most peeps just don't tend to rock up here on this forum.

Brotein

HSC
That'd be great! Thanks a lot haha. Yeah I barely see anyone on this section is saddens me...one of the most large content based subject and barely anyone discussing about it.

Andyman22

HSC
Sweet! I have finally found this forum. No-one who doesn't do the subject understands how hard Engineering Studies can really be...

donnawhite

HSC
Uni Grad
Engineering students always have to be creative and curious about new inventions and ideas, which helps a lot for success.

cheepy5

HSC
Good old engineering studies..... I'm willing to help all you 2013'ers.
Don't worry if a lot of you feel that this subject is hard/your teacher doesn't cover everything ect (I've talk to 1st year uni students, kids from other schools and they all felt the same way)..... its mainly due to the nature of the syllabus, being so vague and often repetitive. I bet everyone has had an exam where at least one question was never covered in class and that happens in the hsc every year . And another problem is the lack of resources for the subject, mainly due to only a 1000 odd kids doing the subject each year, textbook companies are reluctant to publish texts due to commercial reasons.

For resources:

http://hsc.csu.edu.au/engineering_studies/

Notes in the resources section on bos are great, in particular the ones by Omhz and 'dave'

http://www.youtube.com/user/HSCEngineering

Textbooks:
- Excel Engineering Studies
This was my primary text, its a good textbook and fairly up to date compared to Copeland. However a lot of irreverent crap, calculations aren't explained too well and missing some of the syllabus (logi gates - but who can blame them)

- Copeland 'Guide to Engineering'
Its hard to find this textbook as its no longer printed (i think), usually some schools have copies for students.
Good textbook though is a bit behind in the telecommunications section compared to excel

- John Rochford's - http://www.kjspublications.com.au/kjs/Home.html

My Advice:

- Start on past papers early/NOW, it helps a lot when you get to the trials and HSC.
- Read through the syllabus and tick off the things you have covered in class/by yourself. (You really dont have to worry about the communication section in each module)
- Past Papers
- For drawings in exams (if you suck like me), leave them till last and try your best to scab the most marks you can.
- Past papers !

(If I can find it I have solutions to the 2009HSC)

Best of luck 2013ers

Last edited:

khalidal-najjar

HSC
N/A
Sup Engineering Brahs,

Lets revive this section...Engineering Studies is a dying subject :(
If anyone needs help with mechanics i'll try my best e.g. Truss Analysis, Stress, Strain etc...
Also if anyone has notes that would be epic!
can anyone help me in engineering studies im stuck and could really use some tests

preliminary engineering studies first test next week and mann im stressing

supert0ast

HSC
N/A
Has anyone done the 2013 HSC paper? I need answers please.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)