2014 Extension 2 BOS Trial Exam Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

mreditor16

HSC
thanks mreditor

it's climbing.
the anticipation is evident
btw on Tuesday, half of my grade was talking about you and your ceebsing for English and your concern only about BOS trials and nothing else etc. etc.

it was a hot topic of discussion :O

mreditor16

HSC
we were? ._.
okay, not half of the grade. a bit of an exaggeration...

but the person in our grade with the same last name as me was talking heaps about it to a lot of people, and it spread a bit.

mreditor16

HSC
wtf

edit: mods neg him for derail
it was relevant, as they were talking about your priorities, in particular how you have placed a lot of importance on BOS trials. so it is relevant :D :lol:

QZP

HSC
A game is played where probability of winning is p.
Let P(k) represent the probability of winning for the first time after playing k games.
Write down the expression for P(k) in terms of p and k

I interpreted this as winning a game after losing k games. How can I avoid this mistake next time? Is it me or the question? :(

Because it's like... winning a game AFTER playing k games I.e. after losing k games. :/

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
A game is played where probability of winning is p.
Let P(k) represent the probability of winning for the first time after playing k games.
Write down the expression for P(k) in terms of p and k

I interpreted this as winning a game after losing k games. How can I avoid this mistake next time? Is it me or the question? :(

Because it's like... winning a game AFTER playing k games I.e. after losing k games. :/
I admit that the wording was somewhat ambiguous and open to interpretation.

How we awarded the marks was that if students were unable to acquire the final result specifically for that misunderstanding, then we still award them full marks.

However, if they were unable to acquire the final result because they just had no idea what they were doing, then we did not award them full marks.

Reactions: QZP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)