2014 HSC Journal: Katsumi (2 Viewers)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 08/07/2014

I worked for around 8 hours today but everything is coming along pretty slowly... I have just been working on my IPT notes as it's the only subject that i desire notes for yet do not have them.

• IPT Notes Topic 1 (Project Management) Complete!
  • IPT Notes Topic 2 (Information Systems and Databases) - 1/6 Complete
  • IPT 2013, 2012, 2011 HSC Multiple Choice

Anxiety has started to kick in a lot more for the Trials with so much to revise for and so little time to actually do it. I am just hoping that i can push through and still manage to reach my goals (no matter how unlikely it may be)

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 09/07/2014

Another ~9 hours of work on IPT and honestly not much to show for it really. I feel that i better understand the subject as a whole now though and am more confident in my ability to answer questions in general.

• IPT Notes Topic 2 (Information Systems and Databases) - 4/6 Complete
  • IPT HSC 2013 Short Answer Section

On the bright side, I have class made notes for Topic 3, Topic 4 and Topic 5 so making syllabus notes will only take a fraction of the time. I have a IPT trial preparation seminar tomorrow so i'll attend that then come home and hopefully finish Topic 2 and 3 in order to finish up with IPT by what i hope to be Saturday

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 10/07/2014

Worked all day again and made some mediocre progress. I have class notes for the rest of my IPT topics covering almost everything so i'm not extremely worried about the subject anymore. I'll likely stop hardcoring IPT and try to mix a few other subjects in to my schedule.

• Attended an IPT Trial HSC preparation seminar at my school
  • IPT Notes Topic 2 (Information Systems and Databases) Complete!
  • IPT Notes Topic 3 (Communication Systems) - 1/6 Complete
  • IPT HSC 2009 Short Answer Section
  • ITVET Revision

Well.. I have an ITVET Trial Preparation seminar tomorrow for 3 hours, then i'll just come home and do IPT and General Math i guess.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow Katsumi, you really have been working hard lately:)-keep the good work up. Just out of curiosity, what do you want to do when you get into uni?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 11/07/2014

Another day of solid work, IPT and getting frustrated at Samuel "i can write 7 paragraphs on a concept that can be explained in a sentence" Davis. Communication systems took much longer than anticipated. Tomorrow i'll focus on a bit of IPT and finish up my Business Studies HR notes. I think that should finalize all of my notes for trials.

• Attended an ITVET Trial HSC preparation seminar at my school
  • IPT Notes Topic 3 (Communication Systems) - 4/6 Complete (one section ended up being 3000 words gg)
  • IPT Trial HSC Short Answer questions from a variety of sources

Wow Katsumi, you really have been working hard lately:)-keep the good work up. Just out of curiosity, what do you want to do when you get into uni?
I'm honestly not typically fixated on any said course at the moment. I am more or less stuck between Business and IT (hopefully something in between) but haven't looked too far into courses. At the moment i really just want to get the highest ATAR possible so when i am fixated on a course, i can hopefully get in with minimal problems.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 12/07/2014

I really need to get my anxiety levels down... well back to school on Monday and i can't say i am quite looking forward to it. I really need to put my foot down and just not let up until the trials because at this point i am far from prepared

• IPT Notes Topic 3 (Communication Systems) - Complete!
  • Business Studies role of human resources notes and full revision

I still need to do revision for all of my business topics and go through each General Math topic within what i hope to be the next 9 days. If i can do that i may have a chance in hell of 90%+

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
laptop completely gg'd with trials in 2 weeks. Hoping to get a replacement tommorow

since my last update

covered the first part of key influences in business
completed the first 2 topics in general math (only 9 to go)
did module C reading for standard to improve my essays
got my english task 3 back - 95% - task rank #1

i honestly dont know how i am going to get all my trial preperation done in time... still have an insane amount to do and little time to do it.
work out somehow pls

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
well no replacement laptop and there is a high chance that i have lost all of my IPT and Business HR notes..........

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
have pretty much been doing ~9 hours of math per day since i last updated in my pursuit to cover all of the general math content in around 5-6 days. I am 8/11 topics done so hopefully i can finish up on that tomorrow. From there i really need to start studying business and english

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 18/06/2014

Well this will be my first real update in a while seeming that i got my laptop back earlier today. I have spent the last 5 days mainly on General Math while doing basic class learning for all of my other subjects. I plan to spend half of tomorrow covering preliminary topics then get off General Math and start preparing for Standard English and Business

This week in a summary

Monday
  • General Math Topics 1,2

Tuesday
  • General Math Topics 4,5

Wednesday
  • General Math Topic 3,6
  • Standard English Module B HSC Question

Thursday
  • General Math Topics 7,8
  • Business Studies Key Influences - Economic

Friday
  • General Math Topics 9,11,12
  • General Math Past Paper

Well i still have a lot to prepare for and very little time to do it. But at least i have the bulk of Math pretty much out of the way. My goals for next week are

• Remember Quotes, Concepts and Analysis for Standard English
  • Memorize Belonging Creative
  • At least 2 English past papers (2x both paper 1 and 2)
  • Revise all 4 topics for Business Studies
  • At least 2 Business Studies past papers
  • At least 2 General Math past papers

As long as i can do all of that i think i will be quite ready for my upcoming trial exams

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 19/06/2014

Got rekt by the General Math prelim course as i thought i would be able to cover half the textbook in a very small time-frame. This puts me a fair bit behind on my English Schedule but i'll manage somehow

• General Math Preliminary Topics 3,4,6,8,10,11
  • General Math 2008 CSSA Past Paper - 85%
  • Standard English Belonging Preparation - 1/2 complete

Hopefully tomorrow i can get everything together for AOS and all of my modules for Standard and hopefully do some past papers, i am really not used to writing good essays in 40 minutes so this may be quite challenging.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Katsumi, your progress so far has been impressive:)-Keep up the good work. Remember, don't expect to perfect the art of essay writing in one go, it is something that gets better with practice. One last thing-while it is important you work hard, but also at the same time make sure you set realistic expectations, otherwise you might risk always feeling unsatisfied in unable to finish all your goals because you had initially set your goals too high:) Take care and be prepared:)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 21/06/2014

Since my last update

• Finished Revising Belonging
  • Belonging 2011 HSC Essay, handed it in to my teacher today
  • Half of the General Math 2014 Specimen Paper
  • Revised half of Operations for Business
  • Started revising my modules for Standard

Still so much work to do from here... may take the next 2 days off school so i have a little more time to devote for Business, not sure if i can get everything done before the trials at this rate

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Still have to remember 3 business topics, 4 English essays and my Creative before Monday. gg life

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
Still have to remember 3 business topics, 4 English essays and my Creative before Monday. gg life
:( you can do aos the day before, just get crackin on the other essays though. you dnt want to be fully stressed trying to memorise the night before

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 25/07/2014

Haven't properly updated this in a while seeming that my trials are starting on Monday and most of my time has been spent preparing

• Completed revising Operations for Business
  • Started revising Marketing for Business
  • Business 2013 HSC Paper Section I and II
  • General Math past paper
  • Standard English: Belonging and Module B stuff prepared - just need to remember it now
  • Half finished Module A preparation

Well this weekend i hope to complete my Business revision and remember everything for AOS along with at least 1 module. If i have some left over time i may complete a few past papers on top of that. In terms of preparation... i am getting there, but i will definitely have to work very solidly from now to Monday

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 03/08/2014 Trials week one

Well my first week of trials is now over, and it was honestly pretty full on and unexpected... i'll definitely be more prepared for externals. Anyway, below i'll just outline what i have done over the past week or so

Sunday (27th)
  • Finished off all 4 standard English essays
  • Memorized creative and AOS essay
  • English Paper 1 PP

Monday (28th)
  • English Paper One - Feel that i did quite well for all parts. Hoping for high marks
  • Crammed for Modules - lost confidence in writing in the exam room and attempted to remember 3 essays.

Tuesday (29th)
  • English Paper Two - Bombed out on this one. Paragraphs and quotes ended up getting mixed up due to me memorizing, all questions asked for ONE related text when i was only prepared for AT LEAST ONE, having to fabricate quotes/analysis from my memory left me with little time for ModC which was of awful quality. This had me really down for a day or two, but i'll just take it as a learning experience and approach it completely differently next time.

Wednesday (30th)
  • 11 hours of Business Studies cram
  • General Math PP

Thursday (31st)
  • General Mathematics 2 Exam - I feel like i did quite mediocre on this paper, i will definitely pass and possibly do quite well, but i will be happy with anything over 70%. Will have to seriously pick up my game for externals
  • Business Studies Exam - I'm actually quite confident in this paper. Apart from a few multiple choice questions and one 4 marker i knew my content quite well and was able to answer everything fluently. Hoping for above 90%

Friday (1st)
  • R&R

Saturday (2nd)
  • R&R

Well as for this week... i have Catholic Studies tomorrow and ITVET on the Thursday. Planning to study hard for ITVET in order to get my #1 rank back

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 11/08/2014

Well trials are over so i'll start updating this regularly again with school stuff. Finished my last Trial exam, being IPT today so i think i'll take the afternoon off for now. Fingers crossed for when i get my results back and hopefully i can get to studying starting tomorrow. I have a lot to work on

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Update 12/08/2014

Marks back for my Business trial and IPT Assignment

• Business Studies - 88/100 (88%) Task Rank =1/31, Course Rank 1/31
  • IPT - 100/100 (100%) Task Rank 1/22, Course Rank 4/22

• Completed Exersize 10-01 General Math
  • Completed Role of Human Resource Management notes for Business
  • Completed Scaffold for my IPT Assignment and sent it off to my teacher

Seeming that this was my first school day back i took it a little easy, i'll definitely step it up tomorrow

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)