2014 Major Work Ideas Needed!! (1 Viewer)

Jackbuxley

HSC
Hi guys (and girls),

We're starting our history extention course this week and have been told to start thinking of potential ideas for the major work, which we will be documenting in our log book.

I'm not sure what to do, but I'm super interested in anything Ancient Greece or areas nearby related, particularly between 1000-200BC.
Wondering if you guys had any potential ideas or thoughts, whether you think they are good or not I will highly appreciate any potential ideas!! I'd prefer to stay away from politics however.

So far I've come up with 'what were Alexander the greats motives' or 'what inspired the Theban hegemony' (both questions would need to be refined of course)

Cheers!

gee-dee-enn95

HSC
I know nothing about Ancient Greece, so I can't help you there.

However, I can tell you that the best projects, those that get the highest marks, always deal with topics that are focused on the historiography, rather than the actual history, if that makes any sense.

Irateyou

HSC
I know nothing about Ancient Greece, so I can't help you there.

However, I can tell you that the best projects, those that get the highest marks, always deal with topics that are focused on the historiography, rather than the actual history, if that makes any sense.
Hey, can you please clarify what you mean please?
I am currently basing my project around a female ruler and analysing whether or not her actions of elevating the role of women were for her own good or for the greater good of women.
Do you think this is focused on historiography?
Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)