2014 Modern History HSC exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
For Conflict in Europe: Conflict in North Africa, Russian counteroffensives and assessment of the appeasement policy are likely contenders IMO
South Africa: Steven Biko and 1976 Soweto uprisings? idk

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
america1919-41: Foreign Policy, and 1920s stuff, doubt they will ask new deal again since its been related last 3yrs
Conflict in pacific: Atomic bomb/turning points/reasons for japanese defeat

sarmen2

HSC
N/A
For Conflict in Europe: Conflict in North Africa, Russian counteroffensives and assessment of the appeasement policy are likely contenders IMO
South Africa: Steven Biko and 1976 Soweto uprisings? idk
Oh gok I hope so, they're all easy general stuff, I don't want anything on Nuremberg or civilians or the air war either. According to my teacher most questions in 2011, 2012 and 2013 were recycled from 2007, 2008 and 2009, so I guess we could expect something from 2006 or 2010. My teacher also said a question on Nuremberg and Nazi racial policies was last asked in 06, I think it was, and is due to pop up. World War I is expected to be Russian Withdrawal, American Entry or the Paris peace settlement.

sarmen2

HSC
N/A
Oh and with historiography, I get it's kind of important to have it in your essay, but what if I choose to use no historiography (except for Speer of course)? It's not that I'm too lazy to get some and memorise them, it's that I also have Agriculture the same day, Bio the day before and General Maths the day after, so I actually can't do it. Is it really important? I only used historiography for Speer in my trial and I did well enough.

Smooth Operator

HSC
Oh and with historiography, I get it's kind of important to have it in your essay, but what if I choose to use no historiography (except for Speer of course)? It's not that I'm too lazy to get some and memorise them, it's that I also have Agriculture the same day, Bio the day before and General Maths the day after, so I actually can't do it. Is it really important? I only used historiography for Speer in my trial and I did well enough.
You could definitely still go well. You can always paraphrase if you can't remember what some relevant historians state about a certain issue. Historiography shouldn't be thrown in willy nilly, only use it too support your argument where possible.

Prouille24

HSC
What do you think will be the question for the personality study?

For CSSA, it was a balanced interpretation or something like that as they gave us a quote. If so, do you reckon they will give us a quote as it has been fairly generic for the last few years

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
Oh gok I hope so, they're all easy general stuff, I don't want anything on Nuremberg or civilians or the air war either. According to my teacher most questions in 2011, 2012 and 2013 were recycled from 2007, 2008 and 2009, so I guess we could expect something from 2006 or 2010. My teacher also said a question on Nuremberg and Nazi racial policies was last asked in 06, I think it was, and is due to pop up. World War I is expected to be Russian Withdrawal, American Entry or the Paris peace settlement.
I think the air war is very likely. Impact on civilians has been asked twice.

They've never asked anything on the Nuremburg trials, and the last time they asked for the Nazi racial policies was in 2010. I don't think they'll ask anything on the Nuremburg trials (what questions could they even ask??), but then again, BOSTES is a bitch.

Last edited:

anteoculatia

HSC
Any predictions for the Cold War? I hope to god there won't be a repeat of 2012..

sheldogge

HSC
Can someone tell me the Catholic Schools trial questions for WW1, Trotsky, Russia, Indochina? They seem to often mirror the HSC questions! Thanks :)

zeiny97

HSC
I think for conflict in Europe, there will mostly likely be a question on the dictators as this has not been asked since 2007. And having a look at past trends, BOS are revisiting the old questions from 2006-

tamtheman

HSC
I think for conflict in Europe, there will mostly likely be a question on the dictators as this has not been asked since 2007. And having a look at past trends, BOS are revisiting the old questions from 2006-
How the hell do you write a whole essay on dictators? I could probably write a paragraph

dim-sims

HSC
How the hell do you write a whole essay on dictators? I could probably write a paragraph
You would never write about the dictators in isolation. Mostly likely the question would be some variation of "The dictators were the most significant factor of the outbreak of war. To what extent is this statement true". Then you could attack a question like that in a few ways. For example,
- the dictators were very significant in causing the outbreak of war BUT there are also other factors as well that contribute to the outbreak of war (e.g. Appeasement, the non-aggression pact, failure of the league)
- disagree with the statement and say something else was more significant. That being said, at least half of your essay should deal with reasons as to why it was not the most significant factor.

We did had an assessment based on the dictators and admittedly I didn't go that great in the task but certainly a lot of lessons were learned. But if you use the Ken Webb textbook flip to page 57 and there's a plan there on a question centred around the role of the dictators.

Ayesssha

HSC
If End of the Conflict comes up, I'm fucked cos what even are those events. Also for totalitarian state, what goes under it if it were to be in an essay does anyone know?

Genial

HSC
If End of the Conflict comes up, I'm fucked cos what even are those events. Also for totalitarian state, what goes under it if it were to be in an essay does anyone know?
-Stalin's cult of personality
-His control of the economy through collectivization/industrialization
-Terror/Great Purges gave him control of the judicial system- started with the death of Kirov which Stalin then used to arrest and exile thousands of party memors, mainly old Bolsheviks. The Terror kept the state under constant insecurity and conformity to Stalin, contributed to an atmosphere of terror. The Show Trials further discredited his enemies. Plus through the purges Stalin's secret police was elevated above the party so now Stalin practically controlled the entirety of government. He also purged the military; gave him more control there
-All art had to follow social realism, gave Stalin control over culture+art and news sources

Boombam

HSC
what's the chance we get Hitler's ascension to power? and is anyone studying Pol Pot for Indochina?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)