2014 Modern History HSC exam predictions thread (1 Viewer)

sheldogge

HSC
-Stalin's cult of personality
-His control of the economy through collectivisation/industrialisation
-Terror/Great Purges gave him control of the judicial system- started with the death of Kirov which Stalin then used to arrest and exile thousands of party memors, mainly old Bolsheviks. The Terror kept the state under constant insecurity and conformity to Stalin, contributed to an atmosphere of terror. The Show Trials further discredited his enemies. Plus through the purges Stalin's secret police was elevated above the party so now Stalin practically controlled the entirety of government. He also purged the military; gave him more control there
-All art had to follow social realism, gave Stalin control over culture+art and news sources
Pretty much identical to my structure I used in my trial which I got 25 in. Make sure you define 'what a totalitarian' state is - I like to use the Friedrich Brzezinski model: Requirement 1: Charismatic leader (Cult of personality), 2 State control economy (Industrialisation), 3 a party ideology (Social realism and its impact on culture) 4 use of terror and control of armed forces (terror on civilians THROUGH the use of the NKVD, the secret police)

Hope that helps :)

Sambam429

HSC
Is it likely Allied victory will come up for conflict in Europe? Or has this been asked recently?

Ayesssha

HSC
-Stalin's cult of personality
-His control of the economy through collectivization/industrialization
-Terror/Great Purges gave him control of the judicial system- started with the death of Kirov which Stalin then used to arrest and exile thousands of party memors, mainly old Bolsheviks. The Terror kept the state under constant insecurity and conformity to Stalin, contributed to an atmosphere of terror. The Show Trials further discredited his enemies. Plus through the purges Stalin's secret police was elevated above the party so now Stalin practically controlled the entirety of government. He also purged the military; gave him more control there
-All art had to follow social realism, gave Stalin control over culture+art and news sources
I'm doing Germany :(

viserys

HSC
Is it likely Allied victory will come up for conflict in Europe? Or has this been asked recently?
2011 had "Evaluate the significance of D Day and the liberation of France in bringing about the end of the conflict in Europe by 1945"
So if Allied victory were to come up it'd be in the form of the importance of russian counter offensives or possibly final defeat in general and how it came about. How likely it is I don't know

ushnakhalid

HSC
i reckon for russia the reasons for stalins triumph as leader or power struggle is highly likely bc it hasn't been asked for ages

Genial

HSC
i reckon for russia the reasons for stalins triumph as leader or power struggle is highly likely bc it hasn't been asked for ages
Power struggle, totalitarianism and collect.+indust. all seem likely imo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)