2014 New Years Resolutions & Progress (1 Viewer)

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
So it's pretty much a good 2 months into the year; how is everyone going?

I've lost about 2kgs and slimmed down a bit. Weight loss is slower than I thought it would be but I'm most muscular and flat which I suspect has something to do with lifting and I've fixed my diet to exclude sugars and slowed down on carbs. Feeling a lot healthier :)

Uni's about to start so my journey to Dean's List will be go, and I have my second P's test (yeah failed the first time lol) on next Wednesday.

Also updating it to include either watching one Ted Talk a day or reading at least one article on The Conversation (trying to be smart and all that)

Also I made it into Bsoc and made a tonne of new friends within the society, and quite a few outside already as well at the uni functions already so I feel like 2014 is going to be a good year.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Been working towards these already, but may as well post them.

- Get back into swimming squads. Been training myself, not joining squads till uni starts.

- Train for half marathons. Been dedicating one night a week for running

- Finish my MX2 notes. Halfway done.

- Lower body fat percentage. Dropped it from ~25% to ~15%

- More involved with BOS. Been posting more regularly

- Get a start on video tutes. Made 8 sample videos already

- More involved with uni. No progress, as Uni hasn't started yet.

- Read more books that aren't textbooks. Been reading history of Maths books instead

- Get back into piano. Little progress.

- Learn to competently use music editing software. No progress.

- Learn to sing with correct technique. No progress apart from singing in the shower.
Updates of mine in bold.

So it's pretty much a good 2 months into the year; how is everyone going?

I've lost about 2kgs and slimmed down a bit. Weight loss is slower than I thought it would be but I'm most muscular and flat which I suspect has something to do with lifting and I've fixed my diet to exclude sugars and slowed down on carbs. Feeling a lot healthier :)

Uni's about to start so my journey to Dean's List will be go, and I have my second P's test (yeah failed the first time lol) on next Wednesday.

Also updating it to include either watching one Ted Talk a day or reading at least one article on The Conversation (trying to be smart and all that)

Also I made it into Bsoc and made a tonne of new friends within the society, and quite a few outside already as well at the uni functions already so I feel like 2014 is going to be a good year.
My diet now has almost no sugars in it. Why do you think lifting would have something to do with slowed down weight loss?

Sounds like you're really pulling back the slingshot into your year! Time to let go when uni starts!

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Updates of mine in bold.

My diet now has almost no sugars in it. Why do you think lifting would have something to do with slowed down weight loss?

Sounds like you're really pulling back the slingshot into your year! Time to let go when uni starts!
Wow mad progress bro!

Because feels like I'm building muscle weight at the same time but not real sure about that logic hahaha

And yeah keen for this year man, I'm also looking to do the preview program with PwC and Deloitte and the Game Changer thing with EY and maybe those will help me choose what I want to do :haha: being in second year of a 5 year degree is so awkward

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Updates of mine in bold.

No way you've dropped from 25% to 15% body fat that quickly...how are you measuring this?

seanieg89

HSC
Get back into exercise.
Get decent at chess again.
Get published.
Learn a few more songs (guitar).
Updates:
Yep, into a semi-regular routine. Am lifting larger quantities of metal than I used to be able to, although my fitness is not yet at where I would like it to be. Diet is also quite a bit healthier.

Haven't spent much time on this but play more than I did at the end of last year so am on the way. Will enter a tournament later this year to test myself.

Sadly not there yet, still working pretty hard on an open problem.

Probably the most fulfilled of these resolutions, have played quite a lot and learnt new stuff.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
No way you've dropped from 25% to 15% body fat that quickly...how are you measuring this?
Calipers.

Also, this isn't from the beginning of this year, I started losing weight and exercising etc since around November/December last year.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Calipers.

Also, this isn't from the beginning of this year, I started losing weight and exercising etc since around November/December last year.
I dunno but I remember you said you lost around 5kg in that period (from like 73kg to 68kg?). Going by what you're saying then you're going from 18.25kg to 10.20kg of fat which is more than 8kg weight loss in fat. This can only really be compensated by a 3kg gain in muscle mass to reconcile with a 5kg loss which is particularly impressive in such a short time frame for someone who doesn't even bench press, squat or deadlift or even have a super strict diet :p

Can you see your abs? Usually your abs should start to become visible at that level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)