2015 independent paper physics (1 Viewer)

Kaido

be.
HSC
Did the paper, ppl been saying its much easier than last years, I found it to be roughly the same.
Need answer to that Einstein question; I know theoretically, it's principle of special relativity; but the picture only depicted E=mc^2 o.o

Khan.Paki

HSC
The paper was not too difficult. Which question(s) did you guys find the most hardest/challenging? I found the special relativity hard as I forget everything about it. lol

iforgotmyname

Metallic Oxide
HSC
The projectile motion is werid. each grid was 10x10. pretty troll actually. What did everyone get for the vertical velocity? I got 5.8 or something like that

Kaido

be.
HSC
Yeah i got something like that
you just had to count the boxes vertically to the max height and ur done

Sarah Jane 1

HSC
Do you guys all sit independent trials? What did y'all think of English independent?

liminator777

HSC
N/A
Just want to clarify, is there any question
on ac induction motor and photovoltaic cell
in the written section?

jkerr138

HSC
Just want to clarify, is there any question
on ac induction motor and photovoltaic cell
in the written section?
There was a multiple choice question on AC, and a 6 marker on Einstein/Planck (Photoelectric Effect).
The projectile answer was 5.6ms^-1, angle was 39* and second part was 8.2ms^-1

nancylime

HSC
I said C for the copper cylinder one - there will still be small eddy currents generated in the cylinder, just not big ones going all the way around

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
I said C for the copper cylinder one - there will still be small eddy currents generated in the cylinder, just not big ones going all the way around
BOSTES wants you to assume that the magnet will fall at a rate of g I think (there was a past HSC Q like this and the official answer assumed that the slit means that the rate of fall is g).

nancylime

HSC
image.png Obviously the red eddy current can't flow due to the slit - but what stops the smaller blue currents from flowing? I understand that they would have a very small effect because of their size but they would still be there?

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad

What is the answer??
[/QUOTE]

First one would definitely be C. It has nothing to do with eddy currents.

Second one I am a bit iffy about. I would say that the HSC wants us to say 'A', but it doesn't really give a correct cause and effect.

On the other hand, C gives a more correct cause and effect (and a more correct answer in real life), but the HSC wants us to say that the slit prevents eddy current formation (at least it has been that way in the HSC the last two times similar questions have been asked!).

So, C would be the most correct answer in real life (it wouldn't be 'slightly' less than g, it would be much less than g and decreasing further as it fell through the tube), but A is kind of more correct for HSC...

I have the indep trial at school, so will check on Monday what they wanted the answer to be. If I used this paper, I would pay either tbh.

Oh, I just noticed D also. That rings quite true too, lol..

I will bet on them wanting 'D', but that is at odds with what the HSC seems to want

Last edited:

Kaido

be.
HSC
For the second question, could you explain the difference between C and D, and why you think one or the other is more "correct"
The answer was indeed D

nancylime

HSC
I don't understand why D is correct - "charge separation is the process of an electron in an atom or molecule, being excited to a higher energy level by the absorption of a photon and then leaving the atom or molecule to a nearby electron acceptor." how is this happening in the tube?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)