2015 indochina predictions (1 Viewer)

mkristie

HSC
anyone have any predictions?
thanks!
I came across this document that had a list of all the past paper questions (up until about 2002) and here's a few that have been highlighted as possible questions for this year:
- Evaluate the aims, methods and nature of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge and their impact on Cambodian society. (hasn't been explicitly asked before)
- Account for the Communist victory in the Second Indochina War.
- Assess the importance of nationalism to the Vietnamese up to 1965.
- From 1965 the US implemented a policy of direct military involvement in Vietnam. Evaluate the consequences of this policy
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies and tactics used by the opposing sides during the Second Indochina War.
- Assess the importance of the Geneva Peace Agreement to developments within North and South Vietnam to 1964.
- To what extent were the anti-war movements in the United States responsible forcommunist victory in the Second Indochina war?

The two bolded are probably my main picks, but then again you never know. Good luck studying :)

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
- Evaluate the aims, methods and nature of Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge and their impact on Cambodian society. (hasn't been explicitly asked before)
Cambodia was explicitly asked in 2013 and implicitly asked in 2014, so while I do like this question I'll be surprised if it comes up.
- Account for the Communist victory in the Second Indochina War.
Asked in 2012 and there's too much un-asked stuff to be repeating that soon.
- Assess the importance of nationalism to the Vietnamese up to 1965.
Same dealeo, but 2011.
- From 1965 the US implemented a policy of direct military involvement in Vietnam. Evaluate the consequences of this policy
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the strategies and tactics used by the opposing sides during the Second Indochina War.
- Assess the importance of the Geneva Peace Agreement to developments within North and South Vietnam to 1964.
Ditto with all these. They don't tend to repeat questions like that anyway.

Account for the failure of attempts at peace making in Indochina to 1970 would be very interesting and slightly abstract, but I doubt they'll ask it. Could be something nationalism related but you I can't be too certain.

mkristie

HSC
Cambodia was explicitly asked in 2013 and implicitly asked in 2014, so while I do like this question I'll be surprised if it comes up.
Yeah, Cambodia seems to come up a lot but they always seem to ask about the rise to power, they haven't explicitly asked the other sub dot-point yet (nature, aims and methods of Pol Pot). Though I would be surprised if Cambodia came up again tbh.

RecklessRick

HSC
N/A
I'm feeling strategies and tactics
That certainly sounds like an option, nature and role of communism is the other key theme that hasn't been asked in a while bar attempts at peace making. Incidentally, why the hell is attempts at peace making a key theme? There's no syllabus dot points on it. I did go through and make some detailed notes on it just in case but it's never been asked either. Hangover from the old syllabus perhaps? Then again the old syllabus was pretty weird and required you to have knowledge about indochina up to literally the present day.

evasharman

HSC
An essay specifically on nature + role of communism or peace making is surely too specific - they would have to include another either option/another option that was a dotpoint one of the overriding themes? Surely to goodness they wouldn't be too cruel....I hope

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)