2015 Syllabus Changes (1 Viewer)

study1234

HSC
Are the HSC and preliminary syllabuses changing in 2015 for the national curriculum, or is this incorrect? I'm wondering whether I should sell my textbooks.

Last edited:

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
What are you selling?

I know for a fact HSC 2015 will be doing discovery as their area of study for eng adv/standard.

Not sure if the national curriculum with will in effect by then, but I've heard some funky things about the math syllabus.

braintic

HSC
N/A
In NSW there is no syllabus for the National Curriculum course, there has been no draft syllabus, and in fact there has been no consultation on the syllabus. The only syllabuses in existence are the national ones themselves which the NSW ones will be based on.

So no, there will definitely be no change for 2015. Also extremely unlikely for 2016. My estimate for the most likely starting year is 2018.

BUT .... why would you sell syllabuses when they are freely available online?

study1234

HSC
Woops, I meant selling my textbooks, not the syllabuses. So nothing's changing in 2015 (except for English), so I should keep my textbooks for my brother?

braintic

HSC
N/A
Woops, I meant selling my textbooks, not the syllabuses. So nothing's changing in 2015 (except for English), so I should keep my textbooks for my brother?
Sorry, I was only talking about maths. I have no idea about the timetabling of changes in other subjects. But DEFINITELY no change in maths for the 2015 HSC.

essayqueen

HSC
N/A
There are new syllabus' for years K-10 in a variety of subjects (including the literacy continuum) but not for Years 11-12 yet.

Recently the BOS released the new list of Prescribed texts for HSC English which means that 'Belonging' is out and 'Discovery' is in. There are some texts that have remained the same (but have been put in different Modules or Electives which changes their focus/rubric) but a lot have changed. So yes, if you have English texts that you want to sell I would definitely do it now :)

Incidentally, what English resources (if any) are you wanting to sell?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)