2015 Textbook (1 Viewer)

drainbammage

HSC
Our school is issuing us with a 2011 textbook so i thought i would buy a more recent textbooks for economics. Which one would you recommend and when do the 2015 textbooks come out? Thus would it be worthwhile waiting to buy a 2015 edition or just buying a 2014 version now.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Long story short - theory remains the same for each new textbook, but the stats don't since the global economy is in constant change, hence you look up on the internet for them.

So what will you do from there?
Truee

Btw OP in 2011 some crisis happened: European sovereign or something so there would be details which are left out. From 2014-15 not much has changed apart from Abbott being stingy and cutting funding to everything, but a little bit of research is required anyway for Economics.

It's probably not good to rely on the 2011 stats and it would be good to get even the 2014 textbook (If you wanted it at a discounted price I can give it to you btw).

iStudent

HSC
Just buy it now. There isn't that much difference between textbooks (especially if it's just the difference of one year). I had access to 2011 and 2012 and seriously the only difference was in the wording, some excessive information was cut out in 2012 (e.g. happy planet index or something like that) and one of the chapters in the last topic was quite different - it was about the macroeconomic objects of the year's budget. Even then, this information is out of date (the 2015 textbook gives information about the 2014 budget - when you should be referring to the 2015 budget through news etc). Essentially no real advantage.

Oh and also stats were changed. Still, you can easily find these online! (and more up to date).

Get it early!

wasd

HSC
Hey drainbammage, i highly suggest u choose these textbooks:

Australia in the Global Economy (leading edge)
Macquarie study guide

my friends (1 state ranked came 9th) used these two. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)