• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rawrliongirl

HSC
I know this isn't relevant guys but we found a rainbow lorikeet in our backyard, it can't gain much height when it flies and it kept flying into our fence. I'm assuming it's injured, or still too young to fly properly. I've put it into our spare rabbit hutch coz there are stray cats around and I didn't want the cats to kill it. I also don't want it flying to our neighbours house as they have dogs (who have killed animals in the past). What do you think I should do? Does anyone know what they eat?

It's currently sitting on a perch I made and it doesn't seem to be in too much pain, but I don't want to let t go yet, just in case.

Ello1234

HSC
I know this isn't relevant guys but we found a rainbow lorikeet in our backyard, it can't gain much height when it flies and it kept flying into our fence. I'm assuming it's injured, or still too young to fly properly. I've put it into our spare rabbit hutch coz there are stray cats around and I didn't want the cats to kill it. I also don't want it flying to our neighbours house as they have dogs (who have killed animals in the past). What do you think I should do? Does anyone know what they eat?

It's currently sitting on a perch I made and it doesn't seem to be in too much pain, but I don't want to let t go yet, just in case.
Awwww i want a rainbow lorikeet....I'm pretty sure they eat fruits and vegetables. Is its wing broken?

Edit: just googled it now and yes they do eat fruit, vegetables and pollen. If you think the bird is injured I suggest you contact a wildlife centre.

Last edited:

Ekman

HSC
Grrrr...:angryfire: I hate how my school hasn't given us timetable about our trial paper briefings, and school is currently finished for me so now I have to organise times to drop by for the papers, but it is so hard to get a specific time for each subject.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Awwww i want a rainbow lorikeet....I'm pretty sure they eat fruits and vegetables. Is its wing broken?

Edit: just googled it now and yes they do eat fruit, vegetables and pollen. If you think the bird is injured I suggest you contact a wildlife centre.
I'm not sure, it might just be concussed. I just wanted to keep an eye on it tonight because of those cats. By the time we found it I think it was too late to go to the rspca. If we need to we will take it down to the rspca tomorrow

EarthSci34

Good grief.
HSC
Grrrr...:angryfire: I hate how my school hasn't given us timetable about our trial paper briefings, and school is currently finished for me so now I have to organise times to drop by for the papers, but it is so hard to get a specific time for each subject.
WHATT YOU FINISHED SCHOOL ALREADY?

I'm sorry, but does that mean you've graduated? :eek: :eek:

Ekman

HSC
WHATT YOU FINISHED SCHOOL ALREADY?

I'm sorry, but does that mean you've graduated? :eek: :eek:
Yes school finished when the trials started. I guess ill be classified as 'graduated' after the graduation day after the HSC.

Ello1234

HSC
Yes school finished when the trials started. I guess ill be classified as 'graduated' after the graduation day after the HSC.
SO LUCKY! in qld school doesn't finish till November (for year 12's) -_-

Ekman

HSC
Lol, gotta love it when hawkie deletes his posts 5 minutes after posting.

Flop21

HSC

Ring WIRES. They are very helpful.

Looks like a lot of baby birds are falling out of their nests / being pushed out by their mothers lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)