• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekman

HSC
Anyone else getting really nervous for the HSC?

astroman

HSC
Yeh. only got a few more days to study for each subject. No where near as ready as I planned to be. Hoping to learn as much as I can and pray for some luck for my option topics (but hopefully I didn't use all my luck up in the trials lol - I guessed the 7 marker for Chem, and all these other questions in Bio, Physics and Chem)
I just want English out of the way, that is a huge pain in the ass, physics is at the near end so I'm still able to get my last minute revision.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Do you have to put UOW first to get an early offer?

And what sort of things did they ask, and what was the general vibe of the interview?
Not sure if it has to be first tbh. I didnt think of asking. :/

Yeah, what questions did they ask? What made you feel not as confident?

Good luck with it all, I'm sure you'll be fine and if not, no stress. Still got plenty of time to get ATARs and apply through main round :)
Ok so my first interview was for medical biotech, they were really chill and super nice guys and assured me it would be a casual interview asking about some of my interests.
Basically first thing they asked was about the course i chose and why i like it, and what i knew about it (so study up you need to know your stuff!) After that they asked why i chose uow, then they asked my extracurricular activities and last they asked if i had any Qs for them.
Med biotech was laid back, they were a bit more conversational and asked me a couple of other questions here and there. Seemed interested to know a bit about me.
Med chem was more intimidating and when asked about what i knew of the course and why i wanted to do it i pretty much forgot everything and stumbled. They asked me to elaborate on some points i had made and i was stuck. I was literally like ".....uh....." *repeats what i just said* =_=
They seemed less interested in me than the biotech dudes but idc anyway.

astroman

HSC
Yeh english is going to waste 2 full days so I can write my essays to memorise, and then around 1.5 days memorising my 4 essays and creative. So it is a big hindrance. Am hoping for a a mark of 80 but I'm fine with anywhere over 73 (if i get any lower it will be too hard for me to get over 90 Atar)
I only remember my intro's and topic sentences, I make up my creative (srs), i've never pre prepared one, whenever I do, it's not fitting the stimulus and so I have to make it up, I've gotten 13/15 both times for it, is this good?? Will I get 13/15 for HSC creative as well?

Mr_Kap

HSC
I only remember my intro's and topic sentences, I make up my creative (srs), i've never pre prepared one, whenever I do, it's not fitting the stimulus and so I have to make it up, I've gotten 13/15 both times for it, is this good?? Will I get 13/15 for HSC creative as well?

Last edited:

astroman

HSC
What rank school do you go to? And also, are your markers trustworthy? If so, 13/15 is heaps good Like one of my enlish tachers who marks creatives marks HSC creatives every year, so i trust her mark. (I got 12/15 first time and 11/15 second time with half memorised half made up. The made up part let me down so im going to write a full creative)
school is ranked in the 120s, and marker's are pretty average, not too hard and not too generous.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
SRS? My internal mark is 80, and assuming i get 80 raw which aligns to about 91 will I get a mid to high band 5?
That's really solid, I think if you get the right exam you could even scrape that low band 6 provided your internals aren't shabby.

Ekman

HSC
100/174 lol, my cohort is pretty strong, we get about 50 band 6's each year, i think the number would go up this year since there are quite a few smart kids.
Well from the sounds of it, I am predicting that you will either get band 6 or a high band 5, which are equally as awesome to achieve because English scales like crazy.

HecticSandWitch

2007 fuccboi hustler king
HSC
100/174 lol, my cohort is pretty strong, we get about 50 band 6's each year, i think the number would go up this year since there are quite a few smart kids.
Lol wtf my school's top 25 and we only get 15,your teacher's must be fire (or mine are just dreadful?)! Either way, I think internally you'll probably end up with an 88-89, so the onus is on you to springboard yourself into a band 6 through externals. Should be achievable if you knuckle down I think.

astroman

HSC
Lol wtf my school's top 25 and we only get 15,your teacher's must be fire (or mine are just dreadful?)! Either way, I think internally you'll probably end up with an 88-89, so the onus is on you to springboard yourself into a band 6 through externals. Should be achievable if you knuckle down I think.
Yea we have good english staff and all are hsc markers, and my teacher is super super strict, she gets fucking pissed if you dont hand in essays on time. Thing is i hate english, i hate roting shit, i haven't started roting my essays lel.

teridax

HSC
N/A
Yea we have good english staff and all are hsc markers, and my teacher is super super strict, she gets fucking pissed if you dont hand in essays on time. Thing is i hate english, i hate roting shit, i haven't started roting my essays lel.
the moment i finish hsc english is gonna be fucking joy

astroman

HSC
the moment i finish hsc english is gonna be fucking joy
Not really, i got IPT and engineering same day next day ,fuck. And im the only student doing both those subjects. Also, I'm rank 2 in ipt so i gotta do good, engineering is mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)