2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

calamebe

HSC
We didn't accelerate 3u, we only accelerated 2u. Unfortunately the 2013 cohort was the last cohort to be allowed to accelerate 3u in my school.
Wait why? For not being allowed to accelerate 3u.

Last edited:

Mr_Kap

HSC
I've noticed that schools are accelerating less and less lately, I'm not sure why but it definitely is a trend, and this applies for all subs, not just math.
yeh my brother wanted to sit the 2u and 3u exam when he was in year 11. In beginning of year 10 he asked to be accelerated but the head math teacher said, "we can't accelerate certain students...ONLY the WHOLE year." So he ended up learning the whole 2/3 unit course with my older cousin (owns a tutoring company) but he still had to sit in the EXT1/2u classes in pain throughout the whole year 11 and 12...wastin like 11 hours a fourtnight, while the class learnt stuff he already knew. At least in year 12 he was doing 4u so he would bring his 4u work with him in EXT1/2u classes and do it while pretending to do the work

Ekman

HSC
Wait why? For not being allowed to accelerate 3u.
I've noticed that schools are accelerating less and less lately, I'm not sure why but it definitely is a trend, and this applies for all subs, not just math.
Im not entirely sure why, might have to ask drsoccerball. However my school is actually slowly accelerating science subjects such as chemistry and biology. Our cohort was the final cohort before they started accelerating science subjects...

calamebe

HSC
Im not entirely sure why, might have to ask drsoccerball. However my school is actually slowly accelerating science subjects such as chemistry and biology. Our cohort was the final cohort before they started accelerating science subjects...
So basically you're in the most unlucky year haha. My school isn't the best, around rank 200-300 (varies greatly) but we accelerate quite a few students. Theres some year 6 girl doing year 9 english and coming first.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
A lot of them complain that it's because of the school, teachers, ethics, blah blah.
Yeah there are sooo many people in my school (ranked 500+++++ lol) who get mystery marks or even <50 and go 'omg it's cos the school is shit', and whilst I do believe the school contributes somewhat due to the quality of cohort, I just wanna tell them to stfu because if you're getting 50-60s in all your subjects and ranked 10/20 in everything then honey, it ain't the school standing in the way of your 80 ATAR wet dreams. Yes it takes a lot of effort for people in crappier schools to get higher ATARs just because most of the time teachers don't really push you to your full potential and you're demotivated by your peers who don't put effort into their studies, but that still means you need to put in that extra effort to raise your marks and your ranks, not sit around whinging cos you couldn't even get an offer from WSU.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Yeah there are sooo many people in my school (ranked 500+++++ lol) who get mystery marks or even <50 and go 'omg it's cos the school is shit', and whilst I do believe the school contributes somewhat due to the quality of cohort, I just wanna tell them to stfu because if you're getting 50-60s in all your subjects and ranked 10/20 in everything then honey, it ain't the school standing in the way of your 80 ATAR wet dreams. Yes it takes a lot of effort for people in crappier schools to get higher ATARs just because most of the time teachers don't really push you to your full potential and you're demotivated by your peers who don't put effort into their studies, but that still means you need to put in that extra effort to raise your marks and your ranks, not sit around whinging cos you couldn't even get an offer from WSU.
That's true.

I don't understand why people say WSU is a 'bad' university. Maybe it has to do with because it's in the west, and that's just really judgemental. I have plenty of friends who go there and are extremely happy with their courses as well as the campuses. I've been there plenty of times and it looks great.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
That's true.

I don't understand why people say WSU is a 'bad' university. Maybe it has to do with because it's in the west, and that's just really judgemental. I have plenty of friends who go there and are extremely happy with their courses as well as the campuses. I've been there plenty of times and it looks great.
It's a good university

engima (a BoS user) graduated in the 2014 cohort with an ATAR of 98.05 and chose to pursue her course at WSU (It's gonna take some time until I get used to calling it this - I prefer UWS)

Mr_Kap

HSC
its too far away for a lot of people.

But yeh its growing pretty quickly

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
It's a good university

engima (a BoS user) graduated in the 2014 cohort with an ATAR of 98.05 and chose to pursue her course at WSU (It's gonna take some time until I get used to calling it this - I prefer UWS)
At parra?

Flop21

HSC
Med is actually suppose to be good at WSU, so it makes sense for someone to want to go to a uni that is good at what they want to get into.

I'd rather go to UOW though if I was considering WSU...

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Med is actually suppose to be good at WSU, so it makes sense for someone to want to go to a uni that is good at what they want to get into.

I'd rather go to UOW though if I was considering WSU...
Are sciences good at WSU?

Flop21

HSC
Are sciences good at WSU?
lol no idea, tbh I'm only going off what one of my doctors said, and that's just one guy's opinion who I don't really know well.

I really wish there was a list that ranked each uni in sydney for specific degrees, or large areas (like science). I know there are uni rankings but I've heard they're unreliable. I also wish unis showed their facilities better on their websites.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
That's great to know, all my course preferences are WSU courses.

There's too many jokes about WSU being the 'last resort' university. Like a picture of McDonald's captioned "Top destination... for WSU grads".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)