2016 HSC Chemistry Exam Predictions (1 Viewer)

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Galvanic cells are relatively straight forward usually, or am I missing something here ._.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Nah nah, it's relatively simple. I'm watching out for myself, because I tend to go over these questions quickly and often forget to balance out the half cell/overall reactions and ultimately I get partial marks haha.[emoji20]

LC14199

HSC
I can confirm that the question *style* will be similar because the same group of people that wrote the exam last year are writing it this year. So know last year's exam back to front, and you should be accurately prepared for the *style* of questions they'll ask. With regards to content, well I guess we're supposed to know everything :(

gandalfbrah

HSC
Galvanic cells are relatively straight forward usually, or am I missing something here ._.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
I think what he meant was it is a possibility in coming up this year, rather than being wary of extremely difficult coming up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I think what he meant was it is a possibility in coming up this year, rather than being wary of extremely difficult coming up

Essentially [emoji4]

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Guys, what experiment/s do we think that they might lean towards asking tomorrow?

gandalfbrah

HSC
Guys, what experiment/s do we think that they might lean towards asking tomorrow?
Titration, natural indicators, simulations for formation of acid rain, model kits, and possibly analysis of secondary sources.

mrstripedshades

HSC
hope its like physics with next to no experiment asked about, or if it is make it one of the more common tests (wont be natural indicator tho pretty much 100%). Help me god if it requires you to remember the colours and shit, I aint remembering any of that

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Didn't they ask how to make a natural indicator last year?

Also, titration is highly likely for tomorrow.

trecex1

HSC

Yes they did.
I think it's unlikely also there will be high mark questions for cells/isotopes/haber since all were in last year's

mrstripedshades

HSC

thats why i said wont be 100%.

@Bestintheworld why do you think that? imo thats one of the easiest dot points though, was tested in CSSA this year IIRC.

Do markers care if you write on the massive white space after provided lines? I did that all the time for physics because its my extra units and i was feeling lazy af lol. So just wondering if you should never do it and should just get new booklet/spare writing paper. And if you do use spare writing, whats correct method for it in terms of making it stand out that the questions continued in a booklet

Esse

xD
HSC
N/A

@Bestintheworld why do you think that? imo thats one of the easiest dot points though, was tested in CSSA this year IIRC.

Do markers care if you write on the massive white space after provided lines? I did that all the time for physics because its my extra units and i was feeling lazy af lol. So just wondering if you should never do it and should just get new booklet/spare writing paper. And if you do use spare writing, whats correct method for it in terms of making it stand out that the questions continued in a booklet
no mate they dont care

Bestintheworld

HSC

just coz it hasn't been there for a while and yea it is probably the easiest thing you can be asked on for Industrial chem but so what? good for us lol

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
I think its safe to assume that the 7 marker for industrial is solvay, since 2013 was contact, 2014 was saponification and 2015 was cells.

Shuuya

HSC
What are the chances of the mayonnaise emulsion prac coming up for industrial? Unlikely, right?

Because that's the one prac that I was away for at school [emoji28]

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
What are the chances of the mayonnaise emulsion prac coming up for industrial? Unlikely, right?

Because that's the one prac that I was away for at school [emoji28]
Its actually possible since i havent seen it recently :/
Its not too long, just rote it from ahmad shah

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)