• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ze-

HSC
SGS trials are actually painful ahahaha
Yeah some of the questions are difficult ahaha. More incentive to do them I guess.

I must admit tho, I find a lot of their questions really enjoyable to do, really creative and refreshing (for what I'm used to, of course) <3

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
@People above because I'm too lazy to quote

I found the 2015 HSC exam for 2U to be stupidly easy compared to all the past exams I did before it. I started with the 2005 exam and did them all up to 2014, and there's a clear trend of them getting easier every year.

ml125

HSC
Yeah some of the questions are difficult ahaha. More incentive to do them I guess.

I must admit tho, I find a lot of their questions really enjoyable to do, really creative and refreshing (for what I'm used to, of course) <3
Yeah I find that too :D Makes you think in a different way/use an approach you normally wouldn't think of for some of their questions.

ze-

HSC
Yeah I find that too :D Makes you think in a different way/use an approach you normally wouldn't think of for some of their questions.
Do any other schools have those sorts of questions?

leehuan

HSC
@People above because I'm too lazy to quote

I found the 2015 HSC exam for 2U to be stupidly easy compared to all the past exams I did before it. I started with the 2005 exam and did them all up to 2014, and there's a clear trend of them getting easier every year.
I disagree on specific. The trend is true with 2014 being appreciably easier than the rest but I still remain on my stance that 2015 > 2014 and 2013 > 2012. (Can't use >> because it wasn't that much worse though)

What's SGS? Syd Grammar?

If so, they were probably the top if not Knox Grammar when it comes to maths trials

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
I disagree on specific. The trend is true with 2014 being appreciably easier than the rest but I still remain on my stance that 2015 > 2014 and 2013 > 2012. (Can't use >> because it wasn't that much worse though)

What's SGS? Syd Grammar?

If so, they were probably the top if not Knox Grammar when it comes to maths trials
I found sydney grammar way harder than knox tbh (I've only done one of each though ahahah)

2015 was pree easy lelelel

leehuan

HSC
I found sydney grammar way harder than knox tbh (I've only done one of each though ahahah)

2015 was pree easy lelelel
Syd Grammar questions push to the very end of the syllabus towards the final questions. Knox jumps in quite early into an already decently deep end .

That's how I felt.

ze-

HSC
Syd Grammar questions push to the very end of the syllabus towards the final questions. Knox jumps in quite early into an already decently deep end .

That's how I felt.
I shall do Knox next :D

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Bos trials are the hardest [emoji10]
I'm actually kinda scared to try them ahahahaha
I will attempt them after I do all of Girraween, Baulkham Hills, Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, CSSA and 1980+ HSC Papers ahahah

StudiousStudent

HSC
I'm actually kinda scared to try them ahahahaha
I will attempt them after I do all of Girraween, Baulkham Hills, Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, CSSA and 1980+ HSC Papers ahahah
You've got this.
You'll definitely be one of the best prepped students.
ATAR Goal: 99.90 easily attainable.*

*Disclaimer: Hard work still required.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
You've got this.
You'll definitely be one of the best prepped students.
ATAR Goal: 99.90 easily attainable.*

*Disclaimer: Hard work still required.
Plot-twist; my internet identity is a lie, and I really do General Math, Standard English, Construction, Textiles and Chemistry. (<-- That was intentional ahahahah)
Actual atar goal is 31

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Plot-twist; my internet identity is a lie, and I really do General Math, Standard English, Construction, Textiles and Chemistry. (<-- That was intentional ahahahah)
Actual atar goal is 31
and an aspirant brickie

StudiousStudent

HSC
Actual atar goal is 31
I call BS :)

Seriously though, answer this for me?

One girl I know received an ATAR of 85, she was eligible for 4 bonus points.
She went around telling everyone she received 89.
Can you actually claim your ATAR is X, and include bonus points? I find that misleading.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

Can you actually claim your ATAR is X, and include bonus points? I find that misleading.
bonus points are given by uni's..your atar will remain the same unless you recieve extra hsc marks in the process of rechecking your marks.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

Nope she's wrong. Her ATAR was always 85, its just when she applied for her course they appended an extra 4 points solely for the purposes of the course entry

For example, if she went and applied at another uni, where her bonus points were not accepted, then she would have to apply with an 85

StudiousStudent

HSC
I thought so. I literally cringe every time I here her tell someone she received an 89 ATAR - liarrr!

StudiousStudent

HSC
I'm not sure what to make of bonus points given by uni's personally.

I think there are pros and cons.

My problem is uni's giving them to students that don't meet the clearly in. I feel like it could set them up for failure if their cohort is perceived as being brighter (having achieved a higher ATAR).

I think it's a good scheme if you've come from a disadvantaged background, though.

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC

My problem is uni's giving them to students that don't meet the clearly in. I feel like it could set them up for failure if their cohort is perceived as being brighter (having achieved a higher ATAR).

I think it's a good scheme if you've come from a disadvantaged background, though.
physiotherapy cut off = 99.95
ppl who get 99.95 = law or medicine (mostly)
therefore bonus points must be needed lol

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC

There's a whole rant thread about it on the uni section ahahah
http://community.boredofstudies.org...y-discussion/333966/eas-rorting-has-stop.html

And about people who get in below the cutoff
http://community.boredofstudies.org...n/347563/smh-article-offers-below-cutoff.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)