2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Ah right right

then you have h=h and k=-k

or since their reflections of each other, they are the same distance from the x-axis, i.e their midpoint is 0
Yep :). If the points P and Q had coordinates such that they were not just reflections of each other about a coordinate axis (or the same point), it turns out that such a tangential circle would not exist in the first place; the interested HSC 4U student may like to try and prove this.

Last edited:

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
HAHAHAHA.

I knew I was right to put arithmetic on the top of my summation joke
yeah actually rip
i think in like 2/3 maths/physics posts ive ever made here ive made a silly mistake

its kinda funny though, i almost never make silly mistakes in past papers anymore (without checking)
i used to make heaps though (like yr11)

leehuan

HSC
How nailgun did it originally was my original thought but i figured there had to be a reason they made me find the normal in part ii

Q is simply a reflection of P about the x-axis. So i couldve just modified the normal in part ii
GeoGebra must've been busy being an idiot for me then cause that's what I initially thought but it spat out a more complicated equation

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
You know, you don't 'write' essays. Rather, you craft them, developing a central idea through a constituent argument. It is not enough for your argument to merely make sense, or be logically sound. It must also be beautiful.
It's so satisfying to look at it as a cohesive whole though, like when you put the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle in, and then the moment when you finally take in the image you've spent the last hour putting together in it's whole entirety.

#3amrant

jenandeeb

HSC
You know, you don't 'write' essays. Rather, you craft them, developing a central idea through a constituent argument. It is not enough for your argument to merely make sense, or be logically sound. It must also be beautiful.
It's so satisfying to look at it as a cohesive whole though, like when you put the last piece of a jigsaw puzzle in, and then the moment when you finally take in the image you've spent the last hour putting together in it's whole entirety.

#3amrant
I wish I had your brain :')

Shuuya

HSC

#3amrant
If I was able to see essay writing in such a profound manner, then I probably wouldn't be as traumatised by English :p

leehuan

HSC
If I was able to see essay writing in such a profound manner, then I probably wouldn't be as traumatised by English :p
Hey now, I literally got better at essays during the HSC period. It comes together if you try to make it come together

Shuuya

HSC
Hey now, I literally got better at essays during the HSC period. It comes together if you try to make it come together
I feel like I'm actually getting worse, I need to put in a lot more effort to finish an essay these days. Not to mention, I had my English half yearly the other day, and I feel like that was the worst essay that I've written in ages....

leehuan

HSC
I feel like I'm actually getting worse, I need to put in a lot more effort to finish an essay these days. Not to mention, I had my English half yearly the other day, and I feel like that was the worst essay that I've written in ages....
Write it lol.

Typing an essay got me hanging there for a long time

As for exams though, that's called writing quickly. That's more like practice the skill of 900words/40min

Shuuya

HSC
Write it lol.

Typing an essay got me hanging there for a long time

As for exams though, that's called writing quickly. That's more like practice the skill of 900words/40min
I'll try that next time :D

leehuan

HSC
I'll try that next time :D
I don't recall how many essays I submitted for feedback during the leadup to trials, but like I literally started writing essays for HSC preparation 7 days before Paper 1.

Notes:
a) I submitted no creative cause I DID submit a creative in advance for the trials already and it was good
b) I submitted no discovery essay - they are easy
c) I did memorise my quotes prior to writing essays to say the least

But the fact just is, when I put my PEN to the paper, on a question I had a good idea about how to answer, the words just appeared in my mind. So I smacked them onto the paper.

Then I just typed them onto Google Drive and shared it with my teacher for the feedback.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
yeah its much more efficient to handwrite practice essays

when i type them they can take 2-3 days to finish (they end up better though lol so do it at least once)
then do handwritten practice essays under time, even if you don't get them marked (you should) they'll help you solidfiy your ideas and logic

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
So...

Holiday Meet...

Any suggestions? Might as well start planning now since I'm bored af

Also, if you are willing, PM me your (possibly non-existent)fb so I can chuck you in our 2016-er chat and we can discuss there.

ml125

HSC
So...

Holiday Meet...

Also, if you are willing, PM me your (possibly non-existent)fb so I can chuck you in our 2016-er chat and we can discuss there.
Bowling, laser skirmish? Lol idk I suck at both
City? >.<

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
So...

Holiday Meet...

Who else have i not stalked yet

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Who else have i not stalked yet

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
me :p

I'm going to be in the city basically everyday in the hols so that sounds good (if I actually come ahaha)

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know a good English tutor that is online based?

I have an assignment due Tuesday & I need it proof-read and possibly edited lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)