2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ml125

HSC
I somehow have a 650 word creative, you can do it, I believe in you o3o Cut the fucker
I feel as though whenever I cut shit out I'm slowly chipping away my 15/15
Oh well meep
As if I was even gonna write the whole thing anyway
Can't memorise for my life omfg
People who can memorise whole essays are actually a m a z i n g
Living that #memorisequotesandmakeshituponthespot lyf

plane

HSC
N/A
Students at my school are known for for their memorising skillz as nearly everyone fails English without memorising, the average is like 70 lol but I am the outlier getting 90+ wooop woop... for now, I used to get 70s for English and was pretty contempt with that but then I decided to study more.

Last edited:

mrstripedshades

HSC
^ nice.

and im jelly of that 650 creative, thats a dream lmao.

Is anyone doing Brave new world? i pretty much got no related for it in school. I am trying to use V for vendetta, but if anyone has done V for Vendetta analysis before in general, what are some good things to focus on? I'm definitely gonna use something from the Domino scene I think. Got some techniques but theres so much shit

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
^ nice.

Is anyone doing Brave new world? i pretty much got no related for it in school. I am trying to use V for vendetta, but if anyone has done V for Vendetta analysis before in general, what are some good things to focus on? I'm definitely gonna use something from the Domino scene I think. Got some techniques but theres so much shit
I referred to the prologue, and generally the characteristics of V as he cultivates his stance throughout society in the film through dialogue and actions. I especially talked about the importance of his mask. I haven't created my essay yet, hopefully by tonight.

How have people created a creative writing i.e. what did you mainly base it on? I had created one but when I was faced with a stimulus where it required physical journey's I couldn't really use it.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
^ nice.

Yas I'm doing BNW - opted not to do V for Vendetta this year since it was SO overdone at my school, but I did do it last year. I think you can focus on the 'people' aspect alot better and highlight V's subversion from rigid political dogma through anarchist sentiments etc. You can also do politics relatively okay - but I can't remember if there is alot of information about that in the movie.

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I somehow have a 650 word creative, you can do it, I believe in you o3o Cut the fucker
woah how long does it take you to write it?
mines 950ish and with added time to think of stimulus ideas, it takes almost exactly 40mins. i know its written okay-ishly but i love it becuase its based on a true story that happened to me in germany <3
I feel as though whenever I cut shit out I'm slowly chipping away my 15/15
Oh well meep
As if I was even gonna write the whole thing anyway
Can't memorise for my life omfg
People who can memorise whole essays are actually a m a z i n g
Living that #memorisequotesandmakeshituponthespot lyf
wtf you guys are creative goals... I can barely get into the A range and my trials is in 3 days LOL

mrstripedshades

HSC
I referred to the prologue, and generally the characteristics of V as he cultivates his stance throughout society in the film through dialogue and actions. I especially talked about the importance of his mask. I haven't created my essay yet, hopefully by tonight.

How have people created a creative writing i.e. what did you mainly base it on? I had created one but when I was faced with a stimulus where it required physical journey's I couldn't really use it.
mines mainly on physical this time around. My previous one was more individual based but it was very boring to me and got a bad mark.

Did you do BNW as well?

And regarding creative, are you expected to spell out the plot for the reader ? or assume that they can put 2 and 2 together.

ml125

HSC
I remember posting about this before but lol rip ceebs finding that. I basically just went through the rubric and sort of mapped out how I could incorporate every single aspect of the rubric. So for every aspect of discovery like sudden or unexpected I would write either how I'd adapt my narrative to fit that statement and any additional significant changes to the narrative I had to make if I couldn't easily adjust it. BEFORE I wrote my first draft, I just listed possible events that could occur according to each 'dotpoint'

Then I basically mushed everything together :D

I'm usually really shit with writing physical events so I'm pretty happy with my creative since I eventually brought myself to write about them and still be reflective af lmao

wtf you guys are creative goals... I can barely get into the A range and my trials is in 3 days LOL
I don't even have a discovery essay and it's on monday lmao - got wiped ages ago and can't find my physical copy, fuckkk.
Used my prescribed as the basis for my EE2 major work and my related as a related for EE1 so probs just gonna rip quotes off from there and find a few more lelele

And regarding creative, are you expected to spell out the plot for the reader ? or assume that they can put 2 and 2 together.
Don't make it obvious but add enough detail so that they can actually manage to put 2 and 2 together.

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
wow i have never been more devo, i'm down with a fever and a cold, i can't study properly... my hsc oral and trials are in like 1wk...

si2136

HSC
N/A
Now that you guys are going to start trials very soon, what would you have done during this year's summer holidays to prepare for HSC?

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Now that you guys are going to start trials very soon, what would you have done during this year's summer holidays to prepare for HSC?
-procrastination-

Relax, whilst still reading up on what you need to learn in your respective HSC course. During these holidays you won't really get a chance to, especially if you're like my school and plan for exams immediately after holidays so you're spending 90% of your holiday studying.

I would at least, try to have covered syllabus dot points before the class covers it. The teacher you can use for clarification, and your at-home study when you're free will allow you have base understanding of the topic and allow you to start familiarising yourself with the content before other students (provided they don't study ahead either). Use Study Guides so the process is easier for you.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Currently somewhat creating a generic creative, will edit later to fit all the discovery dot points.

After watching Man In the High Castle I kept on thinking WW2, now I'm writing in the perspective of a Nazi soldier.

jchammer98

HSC
Came first in chem with a 94 [emoji3]
Although im worried for my cohort since 2nd got low 80s and 3rd and 4th got 70s [emoji51]
I might have to give everyone my notes
You should be sweet if you are first overall. If you are, just do well in the externals and your cohort won't affect you at all. But it is still good to share your notes with them.

Shuuya

HSC
Halp plz D:

Should a discovery short story have discovery happening right from the start, or is it alright to have it near the end as the climax of the story? I've heard so many variations lol

Shuuya

HSC
wow i have never been more devo, i'm down with a fever and a cold, i can't study properly... my hsc oral and trials are in like 1wk...
Hope you get better soon D:

I had a fever during half yearlies so this time I'm being extra careful...

leehuan

HSC
Halp plz D:

Should a discovery short story have discovery happening right from the start, or is it alright to have it near the end as the climax of the story? I've heard so many variations lol
Why should the position of the discovery affect the quality of the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)