2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey9911

HSC
N/A
Finished all of 2u maths in the holidays? What? That's like 8 chapters... No way that's possible o_O

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Nah it wasn't that hard really, the integration topics are pretty identical, with just different standard forms
finance was just more AP and GP with some new formulas
I figure if I finish the course in the hols and spam relatively difficult past papers through the year i should end up pretty good

joey9911

HSC
N/A
Nah it wasn't that hard really, the integration topics are pretty identical, with just different standard forms
finance was just more AP and GP with some new formulas
I figure if I finish the course in the hols and spam relatively difficult past papers through the year i should end up pretty good
But then what will you be doing in class? You're going to be bored since you already know everything :p I personally don't like self-teaching esp. in subjects like Math since your teacher might tell you easier concepts etc.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Nah I spend most of my maths classes helping other people anyways so all g
I love self-teaching lel, I'm in the process of teaching myself all of physics lele
tbh its not like you'r teacher will hit you with some like special secret maths techniques that only they know
they teach you what the textbook teaches you, i just cut out the middle man lele

joey9911

HSC
N/A
Nah I spend most of my maths classes helping other people anyways so all g
I love self-teaching lel, I'm in the process of teaching myself all of physics lele
tbh its not like you'r teacher will hit you with some like special secret maths techniques that only they know
they teach you what the textbook teaches you, i just cut out the middle man lele
Haha, sweet logic!

My teacher totally cut out the way our textbook teaches the trapezoidal rule, so I guess that's why I didn't go ahead in holidays in Math and I just basically revised prelim topics :p

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Well, prelim makes up a lot of the HSC I'm pretty sure so its not like it was wasted effort

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
For maths I mean? I thought it was like 30% more or less?

leehuan

HSC
Well, prelim makes up a lot of the HSC I'm pretty sure so its not like it was wasted effort
In the HSC you're examined on 20% of preliminary content. But that's it.

That is noticeable but not alot.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Righto , sorry I meant that it was a not insignificant portion? (fun double negative)

leehuan

HSC
@ Everyone else: Yes, 2U is doable in a matter of 3 months.

Even 3U, if you try.

4U is much more tedious.

leehuan

HSC
Righto , sorry I meant that it was a not insignificant portion? (fun double negative)
Lol double negatives these days

2U it's usually somewhat like this
5-6mks on geometry
Techniques in algebra float everywhere
Product rule and etc are mixed with HSC content
5-7mks on linear functions (though, tbh, coordinate methods in geometry is classified as HSC)
2-3mks on quadratics

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Fun fun prelim
That seems very heavily weighted though
like from that I would get the impression that the paper is almost entirely calculus then since so much of the Yr12 course is?

leehuan

HSC
A ton of 2U was based off boring calculus.

I thought 2U was fun but then I met 4U...

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
ahahah I was thinking to try and give 4U a go and see if I could pick it up by myself
then i went to the 4u marathon and I was like mm, yeah imma stop right there before I get too deep

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)