Not open for further replies.

MilkyCat_

HSC
doing my first study timetable ever
i think hsc just got real

si2136

HSC
N/A
In the HSC, would they ask you to justify the differences in accuracy of a f(x) between Simpson's Rule and Trapezoidal Rule?

Paradoxica

-insert title here-
HSC
In the HSC, would they ask you to justify the differences in accuracy of a f(x) between Simpson's Rule and Trapezoidal Rule?
We don't deal with error in high school but Simpson's Rule is exact for cubics and quadratics...

And besides, Simpson's Rule has some disadvantages (for example functions which are approximately linear in a certain region.)

leehuan

HSC
The closest they got you to justifying the difference in accuracy was in the 2013 HSC 2U paper.

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Unlikely, but someone posted a Q based on that on some marathon I think last year (iirc glittergal96). But yeah, error analysis isn't part of the HSC, so the most they could expect from you would be a hand-wavy answer (which is what the poster of the marathon Q said to avoid last year).

Heath Loxton

HSC
For those of you who wear glasses, how do you push them up when they are sliding down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)