2020 HSC Question 25 (1 Viewer)

JacktheChristian

HSC
I've been practising some business reports for my trials that are coming up and decided to do the 2020 HSC paper.

Part of the question asks you to "Justify ONE promotional strategy the business could use".

Does that mean choose one out of:
  1. advertising
  2. personal selling and relationship marketing
  3. sales promotion
  4. publicity and public relations
  5. opinion leaders
  6. word of mouth
Or choose the whole dot point and talk about that one of these:
  1. elements of the promotion mix – advertising, personal selling and relationship marketing, sales promotions, publicity and public relations
  2. the communication process – opinion leaders, word of mouth
I'm pretty sure its the first one but I don't get how there is enough content for 8 pages (that was what was recommended to me) by choosing just one of those.

I tried linking the paper but it won't let me and the question is quite long so I can't really post.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
hello sir

I'm pretty sure it's the first one. one promotional strategy doesn't mean one dot point (i.e. 6 strategies), because then you're not answering the question

for this question last year, I picked advertising and just wrote one paragraph about it then moved on

I wrote 6 pages in total (not small or big handwriting) and got 19/20 raw for this section. the promotions dot point maybe took one page max. 8 pages is swag too, but so is 5. remember it's quality over quantity and handwriting size matters a bit too. just make sure you answer the question, if it asks for one element then talk about one only, don't trouble yourself and talk about 3 because you won't earn extra marks

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
I didn't count each word but I did the quick (avg no. of words per line x number of lines) calculation and got around 1100. but it could very much be less like 1000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)