2022 EXT 1 MATH CSSA (1 Viewer)

Flise

HSC
Wtf was that Q14c) Polynomial question…

Q14b
P(x) = x^3 + kx^2 + mx + n, it’s roots are alpha, beta, gamma all of which are distinct

It is known the roots of the monic polynomial Q(x) are alpha^2, beta^2, gamma^2

Show Q(x^2) = -P(x)*P(-x)

ii) Find Q(x)

Last edited:

jklol

HSC
didn't you need to use the result from i) tho. do you remeber what it was?

Flise

HSC
didn't you need to use the result from i) tho. do you remeber what it was?
Yeah Q14ci) was something like:
P(x) = x^3 -3x^2 + x + 1, roots are alpha, beta, gamma

R(x) = x^3 -107x^2 + 27x + 1

Find alpha^4 + beta^4 + gamma^4

HSC
Yeah Q14ci) was something like:
P(x) = x^3 -3x^2 + x + 1, roots are alpha, beta, gamma

R(x) = x^3 -107x^2 + 27x + 1

Find alpha^4 + beta^4 + gamma^4
What does R(x) have to do with this

Flise

HSC
What does R(x) have to do with this

Also in ii is P(x) monic
Honestly not sure but the question suggested to use it somehow along with Q14bii) I think you could still solve alpha^4 + beta^4+ gamma^4 without it but it’ll take long af… Can’t imagine expanding (alpha + beta + gamma)^4

HSC
Never seen before thats pretty wild but here goes (wihtout just finding the zeros)

Find
(1)
(2)
(3)
add (1) (2) and (3) together and rearrange for

Find

Now you have a value for with some trivial subsitutions.

Now here's the cursed part

substitute blah blah now you have

jklol

HSC
Wtf was that Q14c) Polynomial question…

Q14b
P(x) = x^3 + kx^2 + mx + n, it’s roots are alpha, beta, gamma all of which are distinct

It is known the roots of the monic polynomial Q(x) are alpha^2 + beta^2 + gamma^2

Show Q(x^2) = -P(x)*P(-x)

ii) Find Q(x)
also mate the roots weren't were they? because this question wouldn't make any sense because your saying has 1 root???

Flise

HSC
also mate the roots weren't were they? because this question wouldn't make any sense because your saying has 1 root???
yeah my bad it should be alpha^2, beta^2, gamma^2

Flise

HSC
also lol are you ready for eco
I’ve only memorised essay plans for monetary policy, exchange rate, BOP, China case study 🥲

Fiscal I’m not as confident just need something on resource allocation (probs gotta look at past budgets or sumn)

I personally don’t like protection or any topic 1 stuff. Like all I can think of is Whitlam’s 25% across the board tariff cut and the closure of PMV industry 😖
We haven’t done micro or environment so it won’t be tested though if the question asks for policies for unemployment I’ll probably do a bit of micro.

Also how are you preparing lol. Idk I feel like I’m alright for short answers and multiple choice which is why I’m focusing more on essays

jklol

HSC
i fucking exhuasted mane, i memorised 9 essay's and like all of topic 4 isnt in the exam lol cause we didnt do any of it yet haha

jklol

HSC
I’ve only memorised essay plans for monetary policy, exchange rate, BOP, China case study 🥲

Fiscal I’m not as confident just need something on resource allocation (probs gotta look at past budgets or sumn)

I personally don’t like protection or any topic 1 stuff. Like all I can think of is Whitlam’s 25% across the board tariff cut and the closure of PMV industry 😖
We haven’t done micro or environment so it won’t be tested though if the question asks for policies for unemployment I’ll probably do a bit of micro.

Also how are you preparing lol. Idk I feel like I’m alright for short answers and multiple choice which is why I’m focusing more on essays
ALSO YESS look at past budget outcomes its pretty much required knowledge tbh, I've talked to a lot of band 6 eco students and they said the same.

Flise

HSC
ALSO YESS look at past budget outcomes its pretty much required knowledge tbh, I've talked to a lot of band 6 eco students and they said the same.
Yeah I know the gist like tax write offs for small businesses, child care subsidies but probs just gotta flesh it out a bit more. Also what are the topics of the 9 essays you have memorised? Are they predominantly economic issues?

jklol

HSC
inflation, protection , unemployment (my best ones), exhange rates, fiscal policy, eco growth, Financial flows, External stability and distrubtion of income and wealth. (they're all really damn broad lmao)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Honestly not sure but the question suggested to use it somehow along with Q14bii) I think you could still solve alpha^4 + beta^4+ gamma^4 without it but it’ll take long af… Can’t imagine expanding (alpha + beta + gamma)^4
If it is (alpha + beta + gamma)^4 , then you can use (-b/a) for whatever said function was, no?
as (-b/a) = α + β + γ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)