2023 ATAR/HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

s97127

HSC
1. Nsb: the number 1 school in nsw. Used to be the number 1 boys school in nsw
2. JR: the number 1 coed school. Used to be the #1 school
3. Bhhs: always the number 2 coed school in nsw
4. Nsg: always the number 1 girls school in nsw
5. Reddam: the number 1 private school in nsw. 3 years ago it was the number 1 non-selective high school in nsw
6. Sydney grammar: number 3 private school in nsw. Used to be the number 1 private school.

Hsc1111

HSC
1. Nsb: the number 1 school in nsw. Used to be the number 1 boys school in nsw
2. JR: the number 1 coed school. Used to be the #1 school
3. Bhhs: always the number 2 coed school in nsw
4. Nsg: always the number 1 girls school in nsw
5. Reddam: the number 1 private school in nsw. 3 years ago it was the number 1 non-selective high school in nsw
6. Sydney grammar: number 3 private school in nsw. Used to be the number 1 private school.
Didn’t grammar come 8th??

tangerines

HSC
wow yesterday i was freaking out over atar results and today i find out that my friends from my old school (not in australia) got acceptance letters from unis like princeton, cornell, nyu etc what the hell 😭

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
I’ve always wondered if there’s a comparison between ivy leagues and unis here
And like if any Atar in aus is competitive enough for joining one of those idk how it works but u get what I mean

tangerines

HSC
And like if any Atar in aus is competitive enough for joining one of those idk how it works but u get what I mean
ive been wondering this too, because i only came to australia at the start of year 11 i was supposed to be on track to apply to american unis and i even tried to apply after starting my hsc but the application process is just so different, barely any of them recognise the atar at all but even if you had a crazy atar you’d need incredible extracurriculars, essays, community service hours and reccomendation letters from counselors… my school here in sydney didnt even have a counselor of any kind 💀 so i didnt bother

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
i have mates in the US and basically ivy leagues are literally on another level - like a degree from a good reputable uni like usyd are globally recognised but not to the extent of american unis, especially the ivy league. and while australia recognises academic achievement to be the main factor in judging university applications, in the us academic achievement isn't the only major thing that indicates university acceptance also a bunch of stuff like extracurriculars (way more emphasis on extracurriculars like being like the star quarterback the football team) and written statements and high quality written essays and recommendation letters and stuff. also for the ivy league they also have that whole deal of accepting legacies (the kids of past alumni)

if you're an australian student hoping to study overseas in the us you can't just hope your 99+ atar can carry you but you also have to apply directly and separately to each university you're hoping to be accepted in like american kids with the proofs of extracurriculars and written statements, there's no limit like on uac (i know one of my friends in the us applied to 20 different colleges around the country and he had to pay separate application fees for each and also write send rec letters and write separate essays for each)

tangerines

HSC
i have mates in the US and basically ivy leagues are literally on another level - like a degree from a good reputable uni like usyd are globally recognised but not to the extent of american unis, especially the ivy league. and while australia recognises academic achievement to be the main factor in judging university applications, in the us academic achievement isn't the only major thing that indicates university acceptance also a bunch of stuff like extracurriculars (way more emphasis on extracurriculars like being like the star quarterback the football team) and written statements and high quality written essays and recommendation letters and stuff. also for the ivy league they also have that whole deal of accepting legacies (the kids of past alumni)

if you're an australian student hoping to study overseas in the us you can't just hope your 99+ atar can carry you but you also have to apply directly and separately to each university you're hoping to be accepted in like american kids with the proofs of extracurriculars and written statements, there's no limit like on uac (i know one of my friends in the us applied to 20 different colleges around the country and he had to pay separate application fees for each and also write send rec letters and write separate essays for each)
this sums it up pretty nicely, even with the common app being the american equivalent of uac it really isnt a general "one size fits all" application, like my dad (an american) said he put aside $2,000 in my college fund for application fees ALONE because we were assuming i'd be going to uni in the US but thankfully we only paid the uac fee which was only like $55 or something

tangerines

HSC
every day im grateful we only need atar/grades to get into uni here, even with a 99.95 atar if you apply to an ivy league you could still very well get rejected </3 thank you australia!

juspre09

HSC
I got like the worst atar. I never knew i would get so bad i thought i would get like early 70s or 80s lol but oh well it is what it is. i did early entry anyway so i was already in uni before i sat my hsc so i wasnt that stressed. but like still lol. my parents are disappointed in my as always since i come from a smart family (my two older sisters got like 90+ atar and im the only one who got below that lol) yolo. i just needed to rant here

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i just ordered the results check and raw mark report on nesa.

is it ever possible that they decrease your mark if they find a problem in the results check?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)