2023 ATAR/HSC Marks (4 Viewers)

C_master

HSC
What if student gets 90 adv math 40/50 extension and 60 all for phys chem and standrs english?
Well thats still the same thing. Just coz you get like 95 in maths and shit the rest of your subjects doesnt level you up with someone who does well altogether

C_master

HSC
if u really wanna work hard and succeed in engineering its possible , despite what a four number indicator says.

i get wym tho, that if u do have a lower atar then u might be less motivated to succeed in general, so u might struggle in engineering.
Well its not only about 'less motivation'. With a low atar your chances of getting into an engineering field that pays well and that is beneficial for your future is low. But of course, other factors will come into play but generally speaking

Interdice

HSC
Well thats still the same thing. Just coz you get like 95 in maths and shit the rest of your subjects doesnt level you up with someone who does well altogether
Let's say that our guy also got a 90 in software. would you say taht he is a bad fit for computer science?

Also what do you know? ur still in year 10 taking about university

C_master

HSC
Let's say that our guy also got a 90 in software. would you say taht he is a bad fit for computer science?

Also what do you know? ur still in year 10 taking about university
Yeah 'what do I know' I agree wholeheartedly

liamkk112

HSC
Well its not only about 'less motivation'. With a low atar your chances of getting into an engineering field that pays well and that is beneficial for your future is low. But of course, other factors will come into play but generally speaking
yes, but by lower atar, i was meaning to refer to one that was the bare minimum to enter an engineering degree, compared to a 95+ atar (which im using as for many students in selective schools this seems to be treated as the "minimum", not saying thats a bad thing but yea) for exmaple which is technically unnecessary to gain entry to an engineering degree.

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
I'm talking specifically about engo. I know people with 99+ atars and some school duxes struggling with engineering + there's a high dropout rate, so it's not as easy as Interdice makes it look like.
exactly and people keep on flexing that medicine is way harder than engineering. No. It doesn't beat engineering by miles. Electrical engineering and aerospace both are close to the difficulty of medicine.

liamkk112

HSC
exactly and people keep on flexing that medicine is way harder than engineering. No. It doesn't beat engineering by miles. Electrical engineering and aerospace both are close to the difficulty of medicine.
medicine is harder in the sense that u need to memorise a VERY large amount of information and also have extremly good social skills and be able to handle any medical situation, engineering is harder in the sense that u are required to be multidisiplinary, as u need to have very strong skills in maths, physics, programming, cad, drawing etc

lolcti

HSC
N/A
Agreed, engineering specifically electrical and aero are super difficult. My brother does electrical and the stuff they do is crazyyyy, + a lot of it is physics and chem which is the harder sciences, at least to me.

nsw..wollongong

HSC
why tf r we even comparing
Agreed, engineering specifically electrical and aero are super difficult. My brother does electrical and the stuff they do is crazyyyy, + a lot of it is physics and chem which is the harder sciences, at least to me.
yeah but that's not to say that there's a damn reason why med at most unis requires a high score in external assessment (ucat + gamsat) plus high atar/gpa plus good interview, u don't see that in engo. obv engo is hard but why r we comparing two completely different fields of work?

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
medicine is harder in the sense that u need to memorise a VERY large amount of information and also have extremly good social skills and be able to handle any medical situation, engineering is harder in the sense that u are required to be multidisiplinary, as u need to have very strong skills in maths, physics, programming, cad, drawing etc
mmhm i agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)