2023 ATAR/HSC Marks (1 Viewer)

TrueAlpha

HSC
success rate, so the percentage of exams sat that were band 6s
Oh, that’s what success rate is, thanks! Hoping my school will finally enter top four hundred LOL. We received a fair amount of band 6s, so I believe it’s possible!

TrueAlpha

HSC
tbf success rate is such a flawed metric, I'd want to know the rankings for median or mean atar or some other statistics
It does seem like quite a funny way to measure success. As if band 6s are the only successful marks in the hsc. Hypothetically, you could have a school with everyone scoring an 89 on all exams but according to success rate they’d be lower ranked than a school with one band 6.

Jane Mao

HSC
Lol my school popped off today. Double digit band 6s in english, visual arts and legal boosted rankings by like 30 places.

Meanwhile all the science and math girlie did bad :(

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
It does seem like quite a funny way to measure success. As if band 6s are the only successful marks in the hsc. Hypothetically, you could have a school with everyone scoring an 89 on all exams but according to success rate they’d be lower ranked than a school with one band 6.
That’s because that’s the only thing (Distinguished Achiever’s list) that is made publicly available that the media can access. NESA doesn’t publicly release other data points that enable the media to compute mean/median of a cohort.

I’m sure the media would prefer more data points to be released but then that has to be weighed up against privacy etc.

TrueAlpha

HSC
That’s because that’s the only thing (Distinguished Achiever’s list) that is made publicly available that the media can access. NESA doesn’t publicly release other data points that enable the media to compute mean/median of a cohort.

I’m sure the media would prefer more data points to be released but then that has to be weighed up against privacy etc.
Ohhhh, okay, I definitely didn’t take that into account, thanks for the insight!

HazzRat

H̊ͯaͤz͠z̬̼iẻͩ̊͏̖͈̪
HSC
My north shore upper middle class white Catholic school tanked 😭 😭 😭 🙁 🔫

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)