• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2023 HSC chat (6 Viewers)

carrotsss

HSC
Facts, we just have to hope that we can cracking q14 really quick on the day. Also there will be 2-3 tricky mcq to deal with, but if I get them and q14 I'm definitely in with a shot for 68/70+. Just have to hope there's no/minimal sillies in 11-13

English on the other hand... I'm gonna dedicate thr 5 days before the first exam to solely english, if I get a b6 with my dogshit cohort it will be a minor miracle. I genuinely think my assessment mark will be mid 80s. Hate my school rn bc of english and sor hahaha, doesn't even offer mx2
yeah for me I’m usually fine with mcq but it’s mostly just sillies in q11-14 which I can definitely get down with practice but it’s sorta inevitable a lot of the time. one thing I think I might try focus on is my technique with checking answers, because I’ve been keeping a full list of every mistake so maybe I can just go through that, sort for the common errors and then just make a perfect answer-checking method. idk if it’ll work but if it does could be pretty good

definitely just focusing on English rn too, but im feeling surprisingly alright about it, idk if my confidence is misguided but trials helped a lot esp because I screwed them up and still did sorta decent but yeah I can relate to the low ranking school struggle, it messed me up so bad with accelerated sor last year

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
sr ext 1 is pre much rng I wouldn't recommend grinding for it
Yeh I'm definitely not wasting my time grinding for it when I'm pretty much guaranteed 99 atar contrib from it already, more focused on sor and englosh which is mainly memorisation tbh

English I'm using a strat I saw from a 99.95er on here a few years ago basically you prepare 4-5 paragraphs for common, a and b which you can pick 2-3 of to make your essay, it got me a 92 on trials so I can only hope hsc marks similarly

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
wait hold up,
i checked my year 12 report and they gave me 41/45 for task 1 for busienss when i actually got 42/45
they have already sent the ranks and marks to nesa and the due date has passed!!!
what can i do about this???

nsw..wollongong

😍😍
HSC
wait hold up,
i checked my year 12 report and they gave me 41/45 for task 1 for busienss when i actually got 42/45
they have already sent the ranks and marks to nesa and the due date has passed!!!
what can i do about this???
does one mark make a difference or would ur rank stay the sm?

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
i think my rank would be 6 instead of =6 and i wouldn't have as big of a gap (like 1% instead of 2%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)