2023 HSC chat (1 Viewer)

liamkk112

HSC
lol what i wrote 2 pages for creative and 2 pages for reflection in trials and got 100% for modc ...
4 pages is a lto but idk advanced english probably got way higher standards i know these mfs be writing 4-5 paragraphs in 40 minutes somehow

breadcrumbs

HSC
4 pages is a lto but idk advanced english probably got way higher standards i know these mfs be writing 4-5 paragraphs in 40 minutes somehow
idk somehow none of my feedback mentioned the quantity of what i wrote (probably bc a majority of the grade didnt even finish their mod c sections) i think i write pretty big too

Zara_m21

HSC
nam le you can always try a literal father-son relationship
atwood you could do some discursive about writing

bam
tbh both you just write a story about an author and you're fine, just use their literary techniques and say you were also 'inspired by their thematic explorations of writing' or some bs

im doing nam le for my imaginative so that's all very similar to what im doing lol
Yeah i have these idea but idk IM SO DONE WITH ENGLISH

No surprises

HSC
The English feedback are always mysterious, my school asked external marker to mark it and they literally gave us 6/15 by just commenting not sophisticated enough
idk somehow none of my feedback mentioned the quantity of what i wrote (probably bc a majority of the grade didnt even finish their mod c sections) i think i write pretty big too

liamkk112

HSC
not really, standard is easier but it scales worse so it cancels out if you put in the same effort
personally i couldn’t crack above a 16 in advanced but could top my cohort for standard… the texts are way easier and the expectations / competition is usually lower

liamkk112

HSC
coz standard = dropkick cohort

THANK GOD MY COHORT ACTUALLY TRIES THO IM RELYING ON HALF OF THEM
yea for my cohort, everyone tried pretty hard especially bc the class i was in was full of advanced droppers (about 26?) it’s just that i found the content much easier and like i said the depth of analysis expected wasn’t as high, don’t get me wrong there are definetly some times where there is a lot of depth expected (mod b, common mod) but it’s nowhere near the insane expectations for advanced students where u have to have the most cracked vocabulary and 1500 word essays

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
yea for my cohort, everyone tried pretty hard especially bc the class i was in was full of advanced droppers (about 26?) it’s just that i found the content much easier and like i said the depth of analysis expected wasn’t as high, don’t get me wrong there are definetly some times where there is a lot of depth expected (mod b, common mod) but it’s nowhere near the insane expectations for advanced students where u have to have the most cracked vocabulary and 1500 word essays
what texts do u do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)