2023 HSC chat (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
Pov: staying up until 2am tonight on a class voice call bc we all procrastinated the stupid chemistry depth study

hscgirl

HSC

carrotsss

HSC
What are everyone’s term 1 marks like? (If you’ve got them back)

I’m shocked that all of my teachers were so quick this term, we’ve got everything back super quick

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
What are everyone’s term 1 marks like? (If you’ve got them back)

I’m shocked that all of my teachers were so quick this term, we’ve got everything back super quick
nope unfortunately, 4u exams have been marked but I think they want to hand it back with 3u which hasn't finished yet and they haven't put the marks into the computers yet (which makes sense, we did 4u at the start of the first exam week and 3u at the end of that week). I think the physics kids got their marks (only a week after omg) but bio is slow, and english is ... very slow, modern I think my teacher's finished but she's said nothing about getting it back. and I did my chem exam yesterday so there's no way they can mark till next term 😭

how did you go?

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
That sucks, I would’ve thought marking would be super quick at your school - we got our chem back after 1 school day but I guess it’s different since our class is only 7 people now
maths is pretty fast, I 100% forgive them for this term because last term they gave back the papers back a week after we did the exam. English has like 200+ students doing it and out of those students all but like two or three I think do maths at some level so I have no idea what's going on with them (maybe it's because it's an essay-based thing as compared to just looking at worked solutions for maths?? who knows)

I’m pretty happy with my results, I got:
97% in MX2 (first)
100% in MX1 (first)
100% in maths advanced (first)
94% in chemistry (first)
100% in physics (first)
90% in English (first)

Granted, first at my school is probably the equivalent of like average at your school 😭
oh that's awesome, well done

does that mean you're first for all your subjects?? that's so cool if that's the case, go and grab that dux frfr

carrotsss

HSC
maths is pretty fast, I 100% forgive them for this term because last term they gave back the papers back a week after we did the exam. English has like 200+ students doing it and out of those students all but like two or three I think do maths at some level so I have no idea what's going on with them (maybe it's because it's an essay-based thing as compared to just looking at worked solutions for maths?? who knows)
Damn 200+ students, that’s like double the size of my year at this point because of all the people dropping out. I guess I can see why it takes so long then
does that mean you're first for all your subjects?? that's so cool if that's the case, go and grab that dux frfr
Nope :(

I’m only second in chem and ≈5th in English because of term 4 results from last year

Hoping for dux though 🙏

hscgirl

HSC
Granted, first at my school is probably the equivalent of like average at your school 😭
words of wisdom

in my old school i was ranked first in EVERY. SINGLE. SUBJECT. but now in my new school it is MUCHHH more competitive and im basically average 😭
i think thats the best thing abt being at a top selective school tho, as it gives u the opportunity to see what the REAL competition of the hsc is like and what level u should be aiming for

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
:(

i’m sure you can make up for it with solid trials mark
we only got 3u results
i got 100% in math ext 1
but then i actually got a mark wrong but my teacher marked it wrong but miscounted and gave me 100
so i told him bc i felts kinda bad not to idj why i did that but it felt like a noble act in the moment
so now i only got 97.5% bc he said since u told me i have to take it away
bro literally said shouldnt have told me
so my rank will be screwed bc theres this genius that probably will beat me and i need every edge i can get

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
fair point.
i saw ur deteled comment through emails and i get ur point
but telling the teacher to be 'noble' was't my purpose
It just felt like the 'right' thing to do otherwise i would have felt guilty and unfair to everyone else but thats just me
like obviously ik he has to take a mark away which is what i was expecting anyways but i couldn't stay quiet abt (which is why im mad at mysefl) it bc i didn't deserve those mark and it would have been unfair to everyone else who did well

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
ngl i dont do that i just compact mine into 2 columns bcz it kinda looks ugly with dot points (for phys at least - may try for the eco notes i'm typing rn)
i use it for eco currently, would say it works well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)