• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2026 HSC CHAT (12 Viewers)

jane1820

HSC
SOH CAH TOA bro
another neat way to remember it is like
if you consider the unit circle,
sin(x) represents the y value, cosx represents the x value and tanx represents the slope of the line
cotx is just 1/tanx, cosecx = 1/sinx {confusing innit}, secx = 1/cosx

what math ru doing for yr11/12
I WANNA DO EXT 2 MATH BC MATH JUST COMES SO NATURALLY TO ME I LOVE IT
Everyone is saying not to judge too early bc yr 10 math is always always the easiest junior math n yr 11 math is gonna humble me idk tho but im aiming for ext 2 bc i love math so much

hellowellohehe

HSC
View attachment 44362
can anyone help me w a? I drew the bearing and i got that
sin90 = 200/x
since x is the hypotenuse but the answer im getting is 200 which is wrong for two reasons, the answer says that the answer is 200-something n the hypotenuse cant have the same distance as a different side (logic)
a) 200/cos(40) = 261.08
you drew it correctly but you cant use sin90...

did u get b?

Shavi Masee

HSC
pdh is common sense i dont think its important to study for it, if u struggle with pdhpe then i respect that, but its basic knowlegde aint no way u needa put effort and importance into that ☠
i never said I wasn't good at it, cuz ur right it's just common sense.
I don't need to get really high rankings for it in the yearlies because it's just not a priority T-T

ellurbee

HSC
SOH CAH TOA bro
another neat way to remember it is like
if you consider the unit circle,
sin(x) represents the y value, cosx represents the x value and tanx represents the slope of the line
cotx is just 1/tanx, cosecx = 1/sinx {confusing innit}, secx = 1/cosx

what math ru doing for yr11/12
I'm doing advanced and Ex 1 like Shavi said-
I DO SOH CAH TOA BUT I ALWAYS READ THE DIAGRAM WRONG-
And we literally have a yearly coming up and I'm so screwed-

WeiWeiMan

HSC
I WANNA DO EXT 2 MATH BC MATH JUST COMES SO NATURALLY TO ME I LOVE IT
Everyone is saying not to judge too early bc yr 10 math is always always the easiest junior math n yr 11 math is gonna humble me idk tho but im aiming for ext 2 bc i love math so much
erm i didn't even ask you 🤓
jokes
ngl if you're doing well in yr10 5.3 and find it that easy, yr11 should be chill for you
if you're naturally good at math and genuinely love it, I reckon you should do ext 2.

jane1820

HSC
erm i didn't even ask you 🤓
jokes
ngl if you're doing well in yr10 5.3 and find it that easy, yr11 should be chill for you
if you're naturally good at math and genuinely love it, I reckon you should do ext 2.
Yh i havent gotten below 90% so far in 5.3 except the last exam but thats bc i didnt have enough time (BRO WHEN I GOT THE TEST BACK N I REREAD THE TEST I COULDVE GOTTEN EASY 95% istg if i just had extra 10 min 😔)
fingers crossed bc everyone in yr 11 ext math is STRUGGLING like i think only 4/14 ppl passed w only one 90% which is an accelerated student im not so sure but if i do do good in ext 1 im definitely doing ext 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)