2027 HSC Chat (3 Viewers)

ris08

HSC
stop talking about break-even point it's the most bullshit, badly interpreted metric
the website he uses is the talent 100 atar calculator tho

his "break-even point" is prob fairly accurate as his own metric but it's utter bullshit
you need an 85 in pdh to not be affected by scaling? that's bullshit. you're being affected by scaling no matter what mark you get bruh

better scaling subjects tend to be easier to get a higher scaled mark in relative to how much effort you put in
e.g. 93 in 4u maths is easier to get than 97 in english advanced

no point being scared over bullshit

yeah sarcasm
it is easier to get a higher scaled mark say 93 in 4u math however the reason that it is scaled up so high is because of the fact that it is hard say even get in the low to high 80s in 4u math but in english advanced it is easier to get in the 80s as such you will only be scaled up a few marks compared to 4u

WeiWeiMan

HSC
it is easier to get a higher scaled mark say 93 in 4u math however the reason that it is scaled up so high is because of the fact that it is hard say even get in the low to high 80s in 4u math but in english advanced it is easier to get in the 80s as such you will only be scaled up a few marks compared to 4u
i'm talking about HSC marks, not scaled marks
a HSC mark of 93 in 4u maths has a similar scaled mark to a HSC mark of 97 in english advanced
a HSC mark of 93 in 4u maths requires likely a raw mark in the 70's or 80's whereas that 97 in english advanced prob needs very close to 97 raw to get.
the reason for scaling isn't just due to how hard the subject is btw
3u maths scales better than physics or chemistry but is arguably less challenging than them

Bendwhat?_over

HSC
no diss to year 10s, just kinda concerned about how much pressure year 9 and 10s are under if theyre making chats where theyre already worrying a ton about hsc
That's true. But I think by being able to learn now it saves less stress for reaching year 11 and still not understanding how ATARs are calculated, subjects, and all that sort of stuff.

HSC
no diss to year 10s, just kinda concerned about how much pressure year 9 and 10s are under if theyre making chats where theyre already worrying a ton about hsc
I don't worry, I just like knowing things so thats why I'm asking about scaling. Good to know beforehand

WeiWeiMan

HSC
i agree but idk if it's rly them worrying rather than them just being curious as to how it works

zenli

HSC
Wait so like I do Jap elective this year and somehow my teacher decided to tell me that there might not be a continuers course in 11&12. Honestly it's kinda a waste of time if I don't even do it for hsc. Please tell me she's wrong

WeiWeiMan

HSC
Wait so like I do Jap elective this year and somehow my teacher decided to tell me that there might not be a continuers course in 11&12. Honestly it's kinda a waste of time if I don't even do it for hsc. Please tell me she's wrong
Your school may not run it in Year 11 and 12, however, that doesn't mean you can't take the course. You can take Japanese Continuers via New South Wales School of Languages if you really want.

zenli

HSC
Your school may not run it in Year 11 and 12, however, that doesn't mean you can't take the course. You can take Japanese Continuers via New South Wales School of Languages if you really want.
Wait now I'm confused??

zenli

HSC
Okay I've changed the description at the start.. wooo

carrotsss

HSC
why would it be a waste of time you’re still learning the language, all other electives are useless for y11/12 anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)