24-hour strike on Thursday, 30th April? (1 Viewer)

amber44

HSC
No doubt they'd send something out letting people know?

amber44

HSC
plz not thursday
its my favourite day
plz no

make it tuesday
or wednesday

just not thursdaaaaaaaaaay
It better be Thursday or Friday! I have uni on Tuesday and Wednesday, how dare they inconvenience me!

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
Was supposed to be Thursday, but it's been cancelled. Not sure what day they'll have it now, or even if they will. i was so disappointed to find out. D:

not sure if anyone else got an email about it, but we got one just this morning saying it was off.

nick1689

HSC
A tutor told me today that the strike is probably tomorow... Can anyone confirm anything?

HSC
This is from the USyd information desk:

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In response to this, all I can say is that I've heard nothing about such
a
strike.

Kind regards,

Information Centre
Ph: 02 9351 3100
Fax: 02 9351 3111

If no-one's received emails about cancelled classes, I'd assume that our classes are still on.

amber44

HSC
This is from the USyd information desk:

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your enquiry.

In response to this, all I can say is that I've heard nothing about such
a
strike.

Kind regards,

Information Centre
Ph: 02 9351 3100
Fax: 02 9351 3111

If no-one's received emails about cancelled classes, I'd assume that our classes are still on.
Politically though, the university is going to want to make this as confusing and frustrating as possible, to further there own cause and to make the staff out as the bad guys who are 'playing with our children's future by striking without notice'.

HSC
I suppose that's possible - but I don't really believe that all of our lecturers would be unkind enough to make us trek into uni only to find our classes aren't on - especially given that some people have exams/assignments on. Although maybe my opinion of lecturers is too high :p

Hopefully more information will come out over the next couple of days. I'm having a meeting with my supervisor on Wedneday, so I'll try and ask her.

Ben Netanyahu

Banned
HSC
N/A
my lecturer said:
I have received some queries regarding whether classes will run this Monday. There is no scheduled public holiday for Anzac Day in the university calendar, so all seminars and lectures will be held on Monday 27 April. However, a university-wide strike has been called for Tuesday 5 May, and at this stage I think we would anticipate that classes will NOT be held that day.
5th April apparently?

HSC
I received 2 emails from 2 different lecturers.

Strike has been moved to next Tuesday. Classes are cancelled on Tuesday 5th May :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Tuesday 5th May it seems.

Dear GOVT1101 students,

As many of you will know, University of Sydney staff, including some staff teaching in GOVT1101, will be striking for one day next Tuesday (5 May)...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)